Chapter 11

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

I sat awkwardly on Jin and Namjoon's bed, my small feet swinging against the side. "W-what's wrong hyung?"

My brother sat beside me, a look of concentration was clear in his expression. He was just sitting there, staring off into the distance before hearing my voice.

"Nothing Tae. I'm just thinking, that's all." He mutters, opening up the first aid box and pulling out some bandages and a small bottle of disinfectant.

It was quiet for a few minutes while Jin cleans up my cuts. The only sounds filling the room were the odd shuffling of the bed and occasionally, my soft hisses when I would feel the pressure of pain spread through my body.

"Taehyung," Jin spoke slowly like he wants to make sure I'm paying all my attention only on him. "Yes hyung?"

I watch him nibble on his lower lip, a trait that I myself have picked up over the years. "...you can tell me anything...right?" He seems unsure which broke my heart.

"Of course hyung." I wrap my arms around his waist, burying my face in his abdomen. I rub my face against the softness of the fabric that he wore.

"Taehyung, I want you to answer me truthfully." He grabs my hands that were holding tightly onto his t-shirt, sitting me upright so that I can see his face.

"You don't..." he mumbles, "you wouldn't possibly like Yoongi, do you? As in you like, like him?"

I was taken back, 'do I like Yoongi hyung? I know I like him in a friendly manner but lately I've been feeling funny...like my emotions towards him have gotten stronger...is this what love is?'

"Taehyung, you have two seconds to answer me right now!" Jin raises his voice, scaring me slightly. It was like that day when Namjoon hyung shouted at me for wanting to know more about Yoongi.

"I-I don't know..." I whisper, finally being honest for once.

The brunette man sighs, "Taehyung you need to stop, you need to stop trying to get yourself involved with Yoongi please." He pleads with sadness laced in his tone like this is the worse kind of news to receive from me.

"But why hyung? I don't understand why I can't like Yoongi hyung. You must like him enough to let him live here...why is he living here anyway hyung?" I couldn't contain my curiosity anymore.

'Why is Yoongi living here? What is the need for it?'

Jin appears distraught by my constant questioning. "It's none of your concern Taehyung, stop trying to dig your nose into other's businesses!"

To say I feel hurt would be an understatement, It's like a stab to the heart hearing those words leave Jin's mouth. I slowly begin to remove my hands away from him, a single tear rolling down my cheek, 'why did he have to yell?'

The look of realisation hits my hyung as he tries to grab my hands again. I refuse, flinching away from his touch like he's ice, cold to the touch.

A wave of hurt crosses Jin hyung's face but it's not nearly as painful as the ache I feel in my chest right in that very second.

"Jin! Taehyung! I was allowed to leave work early today!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs, the creaking of the front door closing over gave me enough clarity that she had only just arrived.

Still glaring at my hyung, I hop off the bed, making a dart straight for the door. "Wait, Tae!" Jin pleads but I'm already halfway down the stairs.

I rub harshly at my eyes with my white shirt sleeve, wanting to get rid of any traces of tears that could be detected by the others.

My feet stumble downstairs to find my mom in the hallway, the door to the kitchen left wide open where both Namjoon hyung and Jungkook stood.

The minute my mom hears my small pattering footsteps, she turns her attention away from Jungkook, whom she was speaking to, to look at me.

Her lips fall into a deep frown, her forehead creases while she takes in my current appearance.

Lips chapped, eyes red, cheeks cut, this was only the beginning.

She couldn't stop herself from gawking, taking in the decorated blue that scattered my skin.

"T-Taehyung? W-what happened?" Her eyes were filled with guilt and sadness like she was the one who caused this to me.

"It's n-nothing mom, I was just in a f-fight, that's all." I try to keep myself from stuttering but failed miserably. It hurts to see my mom stare at me like I'm fragile.

"Are you okay? Is anything broken? Can you walk?" She begins to ask multiple questions, making my head spin. "Mom please, I'm fine. Can we just go home?" I pled, hoping she might drop the issue.

"But your hurt! Who did this?!"

I sigh, no longer in the mood to speak. So being the childish coward I am, I clam up, refusing to communicate.

"Taehyung," my mother warns me, her eyes narrowing as she spoke with such caution. She knew all too well about how I behave and when I don't want to talk about things so she exhales. "Alright fine, don't tell me." She whines, picking up my school bag from the foot of the stairs where I left it.

"But don't think this is over with." She notifies me with a wag of her finger. Her pupils then peer over to Jungkook, "I'll give you a ride home, sweetie." She spoke nicely to my best friend which made him nod before grabbing his own bag.

Jin just stood behind me, not even bothering to speak nor act for me. He knew all too well about mom's scowling and how neither of us should interrupt her.

"Tae," Jin hyung whispers but I just ignore him, not even giving him a simple glance back as I stalk out the door.