1: Everything's Not Okay

\9:00 pm

Loud music vibrated throughout the building as bright vibrant lights of red, blue and purple flashed in the large room, possibly going along with the music, it was hard to tell though because of all the people crowding the place.

Monster's were lucky for one thing and one thing only - if people are nice enough to leave them alone and just go about their day.

But unlike the one's that work here.. They're not so lucky, they're forced to dance on a pole for other people's pleasure.

People around here aren't known for having the type of money to take them off of the stage and into the private rooms in the back and do god knows what to them, but that doesn't mean some outsider will just stroll in with a ton of money.

Meet Tord, one of the monster's, put against his will to dance for other peoples pleasure, he was taken off of the streets, and not exactly in the good way.
He's been here ever since he was 18 he's 22 now he's almost forgot what the outside's like, what grass feels like, what rain feels like, he hopes one day he'll be able to feel the rain once again, sometimes at night when everyone's done working and the music is off, he can hear the rain on the outside, tapping on the roof, It's the only thing that can sooth him at night..

Out of the corner of his eye's he spotted a man, he had just came into the building and this man wouldn't of caught his eye if it wasn't for his eyes, because they were black, pure black, he walked past a crowd of probably drunken people until he made it passed them, he was now near the bar with the bartender that was currently cleaning a glass cup, it looked like he asked a question, and it made the bartender smile.

What worried Tord was he didn't look like he was from here, and he was sure the other monsters dancing beside him noticed the strange man also,
looking at his clothes, he looked rich, or he just had lots of money, Tord continued dancing, taking his eye's off of the man for a moment, but he knew that a man dressed that well isn't good news, for him and the others at least.

Tord spun on the pole, taking another look at the man, the man nodded at the bartender as in he understood of what the bartender was telling him, and he looked over at Tord with a smile.

Tord growled under his breath, hating whatever the man was thinking.

Tord continued dancing, trying to forget about the money being tossed at him and his friends.
Well, they aren't really friends, but they made an oath that they'd come back for eachother if one of them ever escaped, when you're in Tord's situation it's best to stick to the good side of people.

Tord wrapped his left leg around the pole and swung around it then rubbed his body against it, as much as he hated it, he'd rather dance like this then get burned, the boss here is cruel on so many levels, he abuses the strippers by burning them with a iron, if they don't dance, or work in general.

The female monster dancing besides Tord has an iron scar between her shoulder blades, it's pretty upsetting just looking at it. The boss makes all of the monster's watch the one's who don't listen get burned so they'd all be scared of not working.
But thankfully Tord's shift was almost done, he'd be able to leave the stage in about a minute, and sleep for maybe 2 hours, until his other shift came around.

He every now and then cries himself to sleep at night, he hates having to dance and dress like this against his will, he wants to just be free like the humans can, what makes the monster's different from the humans? looks, looks do, monsters have different appearances that humans aren't really used to, for example Tord has red irises, purple pupils, a demon tail and fangs, and humans don't seem to like that, but he can't help he was born this way can he?
He wants to have a home and be able to feel the rain when ever it rains, and play with other monsters.

That's one things the humans don't know about monster's, they're extremely playful, even when there adults, and when they don't play, they get sad,
Tord is beyond sad at this point, and he's sure he can say the same about the other monsters here, they aren't allowed to play with each other because the boss doesn't want them to get 'too playful', and then ending up having one of the monster's getting pregnant, because then it'd be illegal to keep them hostage here.

Tord noticed the man that was just at the bar was now at the front of the stage, staring up at him, Tord didn't think anything about it at first but..

He held a handful of money.

And from the looks of it, they were all hundreds.

Tord felt his heart racing, he was sure this is what the other monsters felt when they get taken off of the stage into the back rooms.

Tord stopped dancing and looked at the man, and then looked at the money then back at the him.

"1,000, is that enough?" He asked, and Tord knew that was way more then enough.

Tord didn't want to move but he spotted his boss in the back stareing at him, glaring at him, he really didn't look forwards to getting burned.. But he also didn't look forwards to getting fucked.

Tord walked to the edge of the stage, hopped off
and walked pass slightly jealous drunken men and monster's dancing on the stage that looked at him with sorrow with the strange man walking beside him.

Tord lead the way to the back rooms, and felt a hand gently touch him on his shoulder as soon as they were out of sight, "Follow me."
Tord looked up at the man with confusion but he followed him anyways, knowing he can't disobey.

"I'm getting you out of this damn place, monster's deserve to be respected as much as us humans are, I'll give you money and you get out of here as soon as you can."
Tord's eye's widened, and he quickly kept up with the man, hoping that what he was saying was true.

Tord spotted the LED sign that spelt out 'exit' in red at the end of the hallway, he ran up ahead of the man and stood in front of the door knowing he couldn't open the door himself, for he was too weak.

He whined and looked up at the man, impatiently waiting to see the outside world once again, feel the rain! The dirt! The fresh air!

The man opened the heavy door and Tord easily squeezed through the small space between the doors and looked around, immediately looking up at the sky.

As soon as he saw the stars he felt tears welding in his eye's.

"It.. It must be a lot to take in.. I'm so sorry about what you must've gone through, oh and here, take these." He handed Tord the money he had in his hands and the blue jacket he was wearing, "Now, if you want to go on your own you can, but i have a big private house with other monsters i've rescued, if you want to come along with me you are way more then welcome, you'll be safe there.."

Tord stepped away from him, realizing he was still a stranger, he could've just sneaked him out to have Tord for himself, Tord looked at the man for a moment, but turned around and swiftly walked away, he has what he needs, he can leave here and escape to a country where monster's are welcomed.

Tord looked back at the man for a split second to see him just standing there, he could see the concerned look on his face but he just wanted to be alone right now.

That man was right for one thing, this was a lot to take in.
\\
1405 words

Sorry for the crappy first chapter I'll try harder on the second chapter, nO promises though.