Chapter 11

"W..w..what are yo..u?" he somehow managed to find his voice, though it's barely clear as he breathes heavily and his lips were trembling like a leaf.

Jinhye feels like as if she'd pass out anytime soon. She gestured Mira to leave. Mira nodded her head in response and turned to face shuddering Baekhyun standing there, motionless. He looks pale, as he couldn't completely believe what he saw. Mira bowed her head as a good bye acknowledging Baekhyun's presence. Baekhyun watched her vanish into the thin air. it reminded him of that night when Jinhye came into his room.

Jinhye turned around to face Baekhyun after Mira disappeared from their sight.

"Baekhyun," Her voice was soft but cheerless.

"What are you?" He demanded a proper reply. He looked frightened in the pale moonlight. His lips were quivering, his eyes were ablaze and the expression of his face was scary.

He gritted his wavering teeth and his hands clenched into a fist.

Seeing Baekhyun in this state makes her ashamed and hurt.

"Please don't make that face," She said as she took further steps towards him. She's on the verge of shedding tears.

She couldn't tolerate to see Baekhyun so frightened because of her.

"Don't come closer," His eyes grew wide as he backed himself against the wall. Sweats poured off his face.

"Baekhyun, please hear me out," Her words broken as tears rolled down on her cheeks.

His expression immediately softened at the sight of her crying in front of him.

It somehow throbs his heart seeing tears in her eyes.

She began to weep, the tears falling faster and faster from her eyes, running down her cheeks.

Baekhyun extended his hands to touch her face, slowly wiping the tears off of her face. Jinhye glanced up at him. Her face turns into a shade of red. She closed her eyes, relishing his feathery touch against her skin.

"That night... it was you, right?" He removed his hands from her face and took a few steps back.

"Yeah," She hung her head low.

"No way," He said as he kept his eyes on her, watching her from head to toe. "If you really the angel from the heaven, show me your wings,"

"Eh?" She looked up at him.

"I won't believe unless you show me your wings," He persisted.

"I can't use my wings anymore," She said. Her voice was low as she dropped her head, staring down at the ground.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm in the progress of turning into a human. My wings were broken the moment I laid my foot onto the earth,"

"So, you're telling that you are not an angel at the moment," He said as thoughts were messy inside his head and he was having complexity sorting them. Nothing coming out of her mouth made sense.

She nodded.

"Why do you want to become a human so badly?"

Because, I love you and I want to be with you.

Of course, she cannot say that.

Not now.

She needs to gain his trust first. Then one day she'll confess her true feelings to him.

"It's just I love the way human lives in this world. I had always been wishing to become one,"

"Uh-oh, Hope you won't regret your decision," He said as he took further steps towards the door. He twisted the doorknob and the door opened with a squeak.