Chapter 9

Birds were chirping and you felt the warmth from the sun on your skin. You moved a bit and realized an arm was wrapped around your waist and felt them move and stir in their sleep. It was Link. You turned towards where Link was lying and that was on the left side right next to you. You smiled. It was a beautiful sight of you two lying there and the sun shining through, but sadly you couldn't see anything. You didn't mind though as you slowly reached a hand and felt his chest. Lifting your hand up higher you finally found his cheeks. With a soft stroke, you smiled at how soft and round Link's cheeks were and the thought of you kissing his cheek made you blush brightly. You quickly snapped out of your daydream and sighed as you pulled away and stayed there, not wanting to get up because for some reason it was really comfortable. Link moved again and inhaled as he groaned and stretched a bit, making you quickly close your eyes and pretend to sleep. The said boy slowly let go and stretched more as he yawned and slowly sat up and looked into the distance tiredly then rubbed his eyes and looked down at your "sleeping" form. He smiled and pet you gently before he got out of the tent after he put his brown boots on and walked towards the small lake to wash his face. You opened your eyes and sighed, missing his warmth already but still snuggled up to the blankets and smiled at how warm and comfy it was until you knew you needed to get up sooner or later, so you did and fake yawned. "Good morning..." you said tiredly and looked where Link had just left while Link turned around and smiled. "How do you know I left?" he grinned. A dark blush crept up to your cheeks as you stared at the direction where you heard him and then crossed your arms and looked away as you huffed. "I woke up when you did silly!" you pouted as Link let out a small chuckle. "Sure."

Hours went by while Link caught a lot of fish in the lake. You wished that you are able to watch him catching food in the river but of course, life is unfair. When the blonde male was done catching fish, he cooked them for both of you for breakfast. "Hey (y/n), did you have a family?" Link suddenly asked as he looked at you while you thought for a moment then nodded. "My parents used to live in Hateno Village with my little sister Ari. I don't know if Ari still lives, people say that she ran away from home ones she found out about the attack in Hyrule," you explained calmly and continued to eat the fish stick Link cooked. "I'm sorry.." he said softly after a moment of silence but you smiled and waved it off. 

As you kept on eating, Link had left somewhere to go find something. He was a fast eater, yes, but it didn't really mind you at all since you wanted to enjoy the food he cooked so now you just sat there in silence as you listened for any movements until you stopped when you heard the rustling of leaves. You sat there on the ground quietly as someone quietly crept up behind you. Quietly, you tried to reach where your sword should be but it wasn't there. 'welp, I'm fucked'  you thought. You squeezed your eyes shut even though you couldn't see anyway. But then the man yelped and jumped away from you as Link appeared with a bow in hand. You stood up but he grabbed your shoulder and made you sit down again as he huffed. "Why are you so annoying..." he was obviously talking about the Yiga who was ready to fight against Link. 'Was this the second time an enemy attacked us?' you asked yourself and sighed meanwhile the other was fighting the enemy. 'Eh, I don't know' you shrugged at the thought and continued to eat calmly as Link was pinned to the ground in the background but you didn't seem to worry, knowing Link can do it by himself and he did of course. The panting boy sat down next to you and groaned after he was done with fighting and collecting the rupees and bananas he got, after defeating them. You reached inside your bag then gave him a small bag of apples you got from Alex. Link happily took it and started eating as you listened to him eat quietly. "You like eating a lot, don't you?" you asked and looked at him with a small grin as the other stopped and hummed in response. A small chuckle escaped your throat and shook your head slightly while Link whined. "Fwood ish liiiife!" he whined, making you laugh.

After a while of eating, talking and joking around, you two packed all the stuff and continued to go back to Hateno where Link wanted to drop you off. The thought of him leaving you again because of his mission to save Hyrule made you upset so you spoke up. "Can't I go with you?" you asked and the boy turned around and raised a brow.

"Where?"

"To Rito Village."

"...no"

"Why not?"

"Because it's too dangerous. The way  there is too high up and maybe you'll end up falling off a non-safe bridge." Link sighed as you furrowed your brows. "I'm not that stupid you know..", "I didn't say that you are stupid (y/n). I only said that it's too dangerous, end of this discussion." you went quiet and looked away with your arms crossed. You couldn't believe that he didn't want you to go with him even after he saw you fighting once and even let you go with him to Vah Rudania. Well, near Rudania but that is not the point right now.

A few hours later, you two finally arrived back in Hateno and Alex ran up to you and hugged you tightly. "Oh my goddesses, I missed you even if it was just a day... It's just so weird to not be greeted by you in the morning and gosh..the silence. THE SILENCE!" he shook you as you whined loudly. Alex has always been this dramatic and that's what you like about him. To be honest, you used to even have a crush on him but he already has a boyfriend but his boyfriend was out of town for a year because of his job. Though, Alex didn't mind at all and was happily waiting for him. Anyway, Link got off of Epona and gave her some apples and pet her gently while Alex let go to thank him. Meanwhile, you got your things and walked inside your shop, also your house. You were obviously still mad at Link and he knew but didn't want to bother you. A few minutes later, link left with his horse, leaving the wooden carriage that belonged to you and Alex. You sighed and hugged your pillow tightly as Alex walked in. "Okay tell me. Why are you so upset or mad?" he asked and sat down on the edge of your bed. You stayed quiet for a while then sighed and threw the pillow to the side. "Link won't let me go with him to Rito Village!" you whined and Alex chuckled. "Well it's obvious, the village is really far away plus the way is too dangerous. Maybe the horse will fall off a bridge or the carriage will tilt and you'll fall." he shrugged and your frowned and pouted in response. "Think about it (y/n)," Alex said and ruffled your hair before he stood up and left to go take care of the shop downstairs.

'Oh, I will think about it..'

---------------------------

Helloo! Long time no see people!

I wanted to say that I am really sorry for the long wait. My school has been in my way and I kind of had a writer's block for a while, that's why. Anyway, I still hope you enjoy my book and well, see ya maybe in a few weeks...or more.

PEACE! -Ina