Chapter 11

After hours of riding your horse and following Link, (H/n) stopped when Link did. You raised a brow when Link got off his horse and took an apple out. He saw your confused look then smiled. "Do you believe in forest spirits?" he asked and you blinked in surprise at the sudden question. "Well...I've heard about them, why?" "Well, they exist. Those spirits are called Koroks. They look like small walking tree trunks with small arms and feet. They have a leaf-like mask as a face." he explained as you took the information and start imagining it. It didn't really come out well. While you were trying to imagine what a Korok looked like, Link put a fresh apple on a stone bowl in front of a small statue and smiled when the forest spirit popped up and made that familiar sound. "Yahaha! You found me!" it gave him a Korok seed. "Buh-bye!" Link smiled at the cute Korok as he put the seed in one of his pockets then stood up and sighed. "Soo, why did you ask me?" you asked after Link got back on his horse and they started moving again. "I have to stop from time to time to find them. Hestu said that the other Koroks played a prank on him and took his Korok seeds so I am helping him by finding them and returning them," he explained and you ooh-ed even though you didn't understand half of it. 'I am so glad he isn't mad anymore, the awkward silence was killing me!' you thought and sighed.

After a minute or so, Link stopped again and stretched as he groaned then sighed. Let's take a break here, you are probably hungry, right?" he asked and you nodded in response. He chuckled and got off of Epona as well as you. Link walked up to a horse statue as you followed his steps quietly and listened to the water flowing. The hero stopped on a certain spot and furrowed his brows as you looked at him. "You okay?" you asked worriedly. "Yeah, this place just looks so familiar," he mumbled. He then looked down at his sheikha slate and then remembered. For you, it was quiet, too quiet. You were getting worried until Link suddenly spoke up. "I remember Zelda talking about going up to Mt. Lanayru to awake her powers when she turns 17..." he whispered quietly and started walking again and you followed him, both of you sat down and relaxed. Link admiring the view and you enjoying the warmth of the sun. "Is there anything else you remember?" you asked after you grabbed your bag and grabbed a sandwich. "Zelda was talking about her horse, nothing more." Link answered and bit down on some apples. "Do you eat anything else than apples?" "Nope!" he had a goofy smile on his face and you smiled at that. Did I mention that you can feel other's emotions and guess what faces they make by what they say and what kind of emotion a sentence or word can hold? No? Maybe?
You shook your head then handed him another sandwich you had in your bag. Link sighed and finished eating his apple before he thanked you and took it. 

(Taken by Gamescapes on YT check them out)

"We should get back on our horses. It's getting late." The blonde haired male said as he got up and you nodded and followed him.
The sun was going down as you hummed a song quietly. "Isn't that Zelda's Lullaby?" Link asked as you hummed in response. "Yeah, I'm glad you remember that. Zelda used to hum it a lot," you said and smiled happily. Link smiled at your sudden happiness then sighed as he kept enjoying the view while riding his horse slowly, you following behind. "Don't you think that we should pick up our pace? You don't mind do you?" He asked and you shook your head in response. "Okay then, don't get lost!" he laughed as he yelled for Epona to run and he galloped away. Before you could even process anything, (h/n) suddenly started to run, making you scream in surprise and hold onto her tightly. After you got used to the speed, you sat up straight and laughed as your horse kept on following Link. The said boy turned around and smiled before he took out his Skeikha Slate and took a picture of you. He didn't know why but it made him really happy when he saw you smile so brightly and having fun, he couldn't help but take a picture of you. Quickly he put his slate away and turned around before he ends up falling off. After a while (it actually took 5 minutes) Link slowly stopped, making your horse stop near Ludfo's Bog as you sigh and smiled. "Let's do that again tomorrow!" you exclaimed happily as the hero chuckled and got off. "Sure. Anyway, let's set our camp here." You nodded in response and got all your things off of (h/n)'s back and helped Link set up the tent. "You know...I have never had so much fun in my life, so I want to say thank you...for taking me with you." You smiled as you kept on setting up the tent before a hand stopped you by putting his hand on yours. "You are doing it wrong you know." Link chuckled while a blush appeared on your face before you hit him gently, making the blonde haired male Laugh more. "A-Anyway...I am happy you are. But don't be happy too early. You still  didn't face any real danger yet." You rolled your eyes when Link said that and huffed. "I was helping you fight that guardian last time." You mumbled but then yelped when Link hit you on the back of your head. "Yeah and that was dangerous! Again, I would be responsible for your death! And I don't want to lose you!" he raised his voice while you pouted and rubbed the area where he hit you. "I'm sorry..." you mumbled as Link sighed then pet you gently. "Never do that again, you hear me?" he then pulled you in a hug, making you blush brightly.
"Yes..."