Chapter 1

"Why is it the one day that I forget to bring my umbrella with me that it decides to rain!"

Lauren glared daggers at the gloomy weather going on outside from her office window. If she had just set her damn alarm clock she wouldn't have had to rush to get to work this morning. But here she was, ten minutes before her shift ended and only a thin sweatshirt to shield her from the wind and rain. The damn thing didn't even have a hood. Clicking her tongue in aggravation she turned back towards her desk to finish a very important document for the business meeting next week. Just as she was finishing it up a knock sounded from outside her door and without missing a beat she calls out to whoever was on the other side of the door. "Come on in."

In walked her boss, Andrew, he was dressed to the nines like always. A dark grey pin-striped suit, matching loafers and slicked back blonde hair. Piercing blue eyes met her hazel ones and he ground out. "I just wanted to wish you a good weekend before I headed out for the night." Offering him a kind smile she replies back. "Thank you, and you as well." He started to head out the door when he turned back around suddenly and asks her. "So the document will be done before you leave tonight right?" Heat crept up her neck in annoyance as she replied back tightly. "Yes sir, I was just adding the finishing touches to it right now." Satisfied he nods his head then takes his leave.

Mentally she flips him the bird and focuses back on her work. Time quickly became irrelevant as she put her heart and soul into getting it done that by the time she finished everyone else had gone home. Glancing at the clock Lauren feels her eyes widen in shock as she sees that it is now almost eight o'clock. Almost two hours overtime. Cursing under her breath she quickly saves the document then collects her belongings and heads out the door, locking it behind her. As she made her way through the building towards the parking garage the utter silence had her nervous. Every little noise had her glancing in the general direction of the sound and she only relaxed when she found out what was making the noise.

Pushing through the doors that led into the parking garage, Lauren sprinted for her car. When a deep gravelly voice whispered in her ear. "You'll scream for us, won't you?" Doing just that, she turns around to confront the asshole trying to scare her but there was no one behind her. Laying a hand on her chest, she takes a couple of deep breaths in an attempt to get her heart rate to slow down. Feeling paranoid she turns back around and continues towards her car when that voice whispered to her sensually. "Oh yes, we'll make sure that you do!" Finally having enough of this bullshit she screams. "Who the hell are you!" The silence that followed those words was almost deafening as she frantically looked about. Though try as she might she couldn't pinpoint where the voice could possibly be coming from.

While she had been lost in her thoughts she failed to see the creature watching her from the shadows. Black oily lips split into a feline grin as it enjoyed tormenting the woman. The scent of her fear was euphoric to its senses. An annoyed voice echoed through its thoughts. "Venom are you about done playing your little game of cat and mouse? Are we taking her or not?" A growl resounded through his chest as he growled back. "Watch yourself Eddie or I might just snack on your liver the next time your asleep." Chuckling at that the human who served as his host had the gall to respond back with. "Aw, you like me too much to start eating my internal organs now, besides who else will supply you with chocolate and tater tots if not me."

Just the mention of the salty, crunchy snacks had his stomach rumbling in hunger. Before turning his attention back onto the woman he states plainly. "Were out of those, by the way, you'll have to run to the store once we get her settled back at the apartment."  Venom felt Eddie roll his eyes at that and settled back down in the back of his mind. As a last minute resort, Lauren sprinted the rest of the way towards her car. Rummaging through her purse she frantically searched for her keys when she sensed that someone or something was standing right behind her. Trembling in fear, she begs of the person or creature. "Please don't hurt me, I don't want to die."

Warm breath ruffled her hair and a deep gravelly voice resounded throughout the parking garage. "I have no intention of harming you woman, but I will be taking you with me." Some small part of herself was happy that she wouldn't be dying in this grungy building. Though the second part of what the creature had said had her spinning around to object to being kidnapped. Only to stand frozen with terror as she came face to face with a creature that she had only seen in her nightmares. Large white eyes crinkled with humor as it took in the fear that Lauren had no doubt was plastered on her face. The creature had to be over seven feet tall, oily black skin covered a muscular frame that bodybuilders would spend their entire lives trying to achieve.

Large fangs pushed past its lips and she bet that they were razor sharp. Finally finding the courage to speak she asks it. "What the hell are you?" The air around one side of its face seemed to pull back revealing a devilishly handsome man's face beneath it. As one they answered her question. "We Are Venom!" Right before her eyes, the skin moved back to cover the man's face though just before he disappeared from sight he winked at her. Lauren couldn't wrap her mind around what had just happened. As the creature known as Venom stalked towards her, Lauren tried to think of any way possible to get out of this situation. But unfortunately, every scenario that came to her ended the same way with her dead at its feet.

As if he knew what she was thinking, black tendrils shot from his body and wrapped around both of her wrists. Terrified she tugs against their hold and cries out in vain. "Please just let me go, I won't tell anyone what happened." All it took was one firm tug and Lauren suddenly found herself in his arms. Not even giving her an ounce of wiggle room, he says the words that sealed her fate. "You belong to us." Blanching at the thought she starts to open her mouth to let loose a scream when she feels something sharp jab her in the back of the neck.  Shadows suddenly swarmed into her line of sight and the last thing she saw before everything went black were those white eyes crinkling with delight.