Chapter 11

Lauren came awake bleary-eyed and utterly exhausted. She didn't know when Venom took over control from Eddie last night but what she did know was that he had wrung every scrape of pleasure he could from her. Until finally sometime after midnight, he wore himself out and left her there trembling atop the bed with a blanket flung haphazardly over the top of her. Groaning she went to roll onto her back but the simple movement caused the comforter to rub against her still overly sensitive skin causing her to suck in a sharp breath. With a swift kick, she sent the damned thing flying halfway across the room where it landed in a crumpled heap.

A dry chuckle suddenly rebounded around the room sending a shiver of dread down her spine. Followed shortly by the heavenly scent of freshly brewed coffee flooding her senses. She then glanced over at the doorway to meet Eddie's bemused gaze and was not surprised when she saw that he was holding onto two steaming cups of coffee. Holding one of them up he then says to her teasingly. "I thought you might need a little pick me up after last night." Heat scorched a path across her face as memories from last night played out in her head. Not trusting herself to talk, she silently held out a hand for one of the cups of coffee and was quick to look away from him when he started walking towards the bed.

The heat from the coffee cup burned the palm of her hand but she tightened her grip on it anyway and went to pull it towards her when Eddie whispered softly. "Tell me what's going through that pretty little head of yours?" Lauren froze at that and bet that her face was bright red right now and she silently shook her head no and still refused to even look at him. The bed groaned loudly as his body weight joined hers atop it and she silently willed for the coffee to stay inside the cups.  Though she needn't have worried about that for he gently took hers from her and set both of them down on his bedside table. He then not so gently took ahold of her chin and forced her to look at him.

Those blue-green eyes narrowed in irritation when she didn't answer him. But from how red her face was, he had an idea on what exactly she was thinking about. Eddie felt his lips lift slightly into a small teasing grin and then leaned forward and kisses her gently on the lips.  As he pulled away from her, he opened his mouth to say something when his cellphone chose that exact moment to start ringing. Grimacing slightly he knew it could only be one of two people trying to call him. One of them being his boss, and the other being his ex-fiance Anne calling to check on him. Venom let out a purr at the latter and stretched himself out to the farthest reaches of Eddie's mind.

He gave Lauren an apologetic grin, then released his hold on her chin and then scrambled off of the bed to go search for his phone. Once he had left the room, Lauren let out a tired groan and then set about grabbing one of the abandoned cups of coffee off of his bedside table. Bringing it to her lips she took a small sip and couldn't hold back a moan of bliss as the caffeine worked its magic. Putting her back up against the headboard of the bed, she continued to enjoy the coffee and when she finished the first cup she contemplated reaching for his. The steam wafting over the rim of the cup taunted her until finally, she went to reach for it when suddenly curses echoed from somewhere in the apartment.

She immediately drew back and nearly jumped out of her skin when he came running back into the room half-dressed. A pair of dark jeans hugged his hips and he held a dark green t-shirt in one hand and in the other he held his phone to his ear and was currently yelling at whoever was on the other end. "I told you I can be there in ten minutes." The person he was talking to must have said something he didn't like for his lips lifted into a snarl and he growled back at them. "Fine five, now let me finish getting dressed!" They then exchanged a couple of choice words to one another before he ended the call and tossed the phone onto the bed.

Scrubbing a weary hand down his face, he then tugged his shirt on over his head and says to Lauren. "I'm going to have to leave you here by yourself for a few hours while I go deal with an issue at my job." Eddie then pinned her with a frigid glare and continued. "I'm going to allow you free reign of my apartment but when I return and I find that you've left. Let's just say there is nowhere you can hide from us that we won't be able to find you." She took the threat to heart and grinned back at him tightly before responding with. "I give you my word that I'll still be here when you get back." Eddie eyed her skeptically for several tense seconds when suddenly he let out a relieved sigh and marched back towards the bed. Plopping down onto the end of it, he then produces a key out of thin air and set about unlocking the shackles from around her ankles.

The sensation of being free of those damned shackles almost brought tears to her eyes. Lauren could feel Eddie's eyes on her, watching her every move like a hawk. As if he were daring her to try to make a run for it. But she had meant what she had said to him earlier. When she didn't immediately make a move off of the bed, he grinned devilishly at her and then slowly made it back up onto his feet. He then started making his way out of the room, but it soon became clear to her that he was stalling for he was taking his sweet time about it. Chuckling softly to herself Lauren maneuvered herself off of the bed and sauntered her way towards him.

She watched as his pupils expanded and felt a shiver go down her spine as a feral growl rumbled from him. Making sure to keep a little distance between them, she then says to him. "You better get a move on handsome, don't want to keep your boss waiting." He clenched and unclenched his fists at his sides as if he were thinking of tossing her back onto the bed and continue where they left off last night. Though just when she thought he would make a move he suddenly spun around and stormed out of the room. Baffled, Lauren went to follow after him when he yelled from the living room. "I'll see you when I get back beautiful, and while I'm gone please for the love of God put on some of my clothes." Letting out an undignified snort at that, she barely registered the front door slamming shut as she went in search for something to wear.

It took her all of ten minutes to find a light grey t-shirt that fell to her knees and a pair of black sweatpants that she had to roll the legs up on to keep them from tripping her. Satisfied with what she had found, Lauren then went into the living room/kitchen to find something to eat. But like every man, there was mostly beer and old takeout food that smelled like it was well past needing to be thrown out in the refrigerator. Lauren finally decided on an apple hidden in the back and as she pulled it out it looked like it was on its last leg. Grimacing she took a tentative bite of it and sighed in relief when it crunched softly in her mouth. As she went to close the door to the fridge, a husky female voice whispered in her ear. "Now aren't you a pretty little morsel, we could just about eat you up.

A shiver of dread went down Lauren's spine as she turned around slowly and came face to face with a woman with blonde hair and light blue eyes. The woman wore skin-tight jeans and a dark red tank top that just barely covered her ample chest. Lips splitting into a Cheshire cat-like grin the woman set a hand against her hip and purred. "So you're the woman Carnage said that has Venom all in a tizzy." Lauren felt her skin crawl as the woman took her sweet time perusing her body. Scoffing, the woman suddenly surged forward and before she could even cry out, Lauren found herself pinned up against the refrigerator.  The cold air from the fridge caused goosebumps to break out across her skin, but unafraid Lauren met those blue eyes and hissed vehemently at her. "Who the hell are you and why are you here?"

Putting them nose to nose the woman then states calmly. "Who I am is of no concern to you but the reason why I'm here is to prove that he can't protect you from us no matter how hard he tries." It was then she began to transform and Lauren felt absolute terror for the creature now standing in front of her. Skin marbled in red, yellow and black covered a slim but muscular body which towered over her by several inches and red and yellow hair cascaded down its back and curled around its waist. Razor-sharp fangs pushed past red lips and large white eyes crinkled around the edges as it took in her fear.

Lauren felt like she did the first time she had met Venom. Her heart was beating so hard she feared it would explode in her chest. As well as unable to try to get free from its hold on her.  It then spoke in a voice that would haunt her dreams for the rest of her life. "You will scream for us, won't you Lauren?" Sucking in a sharp breath, she went to ask it how it knew her name when something sharp jabbed her in the neck.  Black suddenly flooded her line of sight and the last thing she heard before the darkness took her was. "Oh and to answer your earlier question. We are known as Scream!"