Chapter 1: SEOUL

XIA

EDITED

I am still trying to calm myself when the plane already touch down in Seoul. I dont really care about my family's reaction when they see my moody side. I am obviously annoyed and i dont want to put an effort to hide my emotion or even cool down. This is not what i want. I just want to live in London, be in London, the place where i grew up, the place that i feel comfortable at but money doesnt allow me. To be exact, my dad doesnt allow me. My heart doesnt belongs in Seoul but unfortunately my dad refuse to understand that.

Well, honestly its the first time my dad ask me to do something that is completely the opposite of what i want. He never control my life before and i really dont understand what makes he thinks that its okay to do it now, when i already have a plan for my life, after high school.

Urgh annoying.

After 15 mins waiting for luggage, it is actually long enough for me to run away, but i didnt, i step outside of the airport, breathing Seoul's air. Nothing different. Still the same. You know, the usual air. My airpod still in both of my ears, with no music playing. My usual way to avoid people talking to me because i am just so lazy to talk back and be nice. Also i dont forget to put my shades on, to make me look more unapproachable.

'Miss Xia' a middle age man approach me and i know him immediately. My dad's driver. I just nod, let him take my luggage, lead the way to the car and put my luggage inside the car's boot. While me, just get into the car without bother to say hi.

On the way to my house, instead of appreciating the view, i close my eyes, keep reminding myself to cool down abit, smile at least then convince my dad to just let me stay in London.

I'm pretty sure i am not going to have a life in Seoul. I dont even have friends here, and English is not their first language already makes me aware how boring my life will be. Life is too short to be this uninteresting and sadly that is going to be my life.

We arrive at the house 45 mins later, still not enough time for me to think about the excuse to give to my dad.

I should just run away. I can think about money later. 

The big gate automatically open, like welcoming me home, and i just rolled my eyes with the sudden thought.

I saw my dad standing infront of the house, wearing a black collar neck tshirt with a black pants, smiling and looking handsome as always. Beside him, standing a woman, wearing a white blouse tuck into her skirt, my stepmother. I rolled my eyes again.

'Heyy my daughter is finally home!' Dad said while open his arms widely getting ready to get a hug from his daughter.

Smile Xia Smile. Smile!!

'Hey dad,' I hug him back while giving him my best dimple smile.
'Hows your journey? Jetlag?'
'Not really. The bussiness class is kinda okay,'
'Good!! Your mom already prepare dinner for you. Just wait for your brother to come home'

I almost puke with the word 'mom'. Shes not mom, my mom is dead. She is a nobody to me. I give her a little smile before just walk into the house without bother to hug her or have a conversation with her.

Its my first time to arrive here actually. The house is big, not a surprise at all. I always avoid and refuse to go to Korea and spend time here. My dad, stepmother and my brother are the one who will go to London whenever they wanted to see me.

Its very classy and warm inside. The decoration and colours combination are perfect. As for someone who likes art, i can tell that the one who design the house has a very high taste. Well at least, i have something here that i like for now. But still not going to change my mind about the thought that i dont belongs here.