Chapter 10:Is It Hard To Stay Clean?

-Chapter Title Credit:Kiss The Ring by MCR-

Gerard met Isobel and Alex the next morning.

Isobel welcomed him with open arms as if she had known him for months rather than five minuets.

Gerard found himself extremely comfortable around her.

And around Alex.

Alex seemed like a very decent guy and Gerard knew he had looked after Frank like a brother just from the way Alex acted around the short boy.

Gerard was happy to know somebody had taken care of him when he wasn't around.

Frank got a job after his first week back in Jersey.

Alex and him found a small music shop called 'Revelation' with a help wanted sign in the window when they had walked with Gerard to his job one day.

It had rows upon rows of CDs,a rack filled with old albums,musical instruments off to the left,band shirts  hanging on the walls along with posters and much to Franks delight,there was a section of comic books at the back of the shop.

It was perfect.

It kept Frank busy when Gerard was also at work and he still was able hang out with Alex seeing as they were now co-workers.

Gerards job wasn't going so great however.

Ben and Bob had transformed into watchdogs due to Mikey explaining to them that Gerard has been hallucinating lately.

Every small movement Gerard made was monitored.

When he went outside to smoke they would watch him.

When he was serving customers,they would watch him.

When he was standing at the empty register daydreaming he could feel them watching him.

If he so much as coughed their eyes would be on him,waiting for any sign he was about to have a episode.

It was unnerving.

Especially since he was getting sicker each day.

Today he had a killer migraine.

But that was the least of his problems.

He was feeling as if he was burning from the inside out and vomit kept threatening to come from his throat.

By the time Ben reluctantly let him go for break,he was covered in a thin layer of sweat.

"Fuck,"He groaned splashing cold water onto his face from the bathroom sink.

He looked like shit.

He was a sick pale color and had dark rings under his eyes....and he couldn't stop shaking no matter how hard he tried.

8 days without drugs or alcohol.

8.fucking.days.

Thats the longest he had been clean in the years without Frank.

It was killing him.

Guilt was consuming him as he tugged the bag he always had stashed in his locker open.

He forced the rational thoughts to the back of his aching head as he pulled out the bottle of vodka and baggy filled with his usual snorting substance.

He couldn't do this.

He couldn't stay clean.

He glanced at his reflection in defeat as he untied the small baggy.

-----

"Gee!"Came the excited voice as Gerard stepped into his apartment.

A warm body pulled him into a loving hug.

"Hey Frankie,"Gerard mumbled,burying his face into Franks shoulder.

Frank pulled back alittle frowning.

"Are you okay?"

Are you okay?

No

Frankie Im so fucking far from okay.

"Yeah.Long day."Gerard sighed keeping his arms wrapped around Franks waist.

Frank frown deeper studying his face before reaching a hand out and placing it on Gerards forehead.

"Your burning up,"He noted in shock.

"I think iv caught a cold,"Gerard lied,leaning into Franks cold hand.

"Well lets get you some medicine,dinner and relax in bed watching movies the rest of the night okay?"

Gerard nodded.

He found it hard to look Frank in the eye the rest of the night.

Gerard knew Frank would be devastated if he found out the things he was doing.

He had to stop.

He had to get sober.

He had Frank now,he didn't need alcohol and drugs to help him anymore.

Gerard's eyes brimmed with tears as he hugged Franks sleeping body closer to him,unable to fall asleep himself though it was well past midnight by this point.

He feared it was to late to stop himself.

Because as much as he hated himself for thinking it,he knew it was true,

He was addicted.

-Again,another short chapter sorry.I have alot planned for this story I just need to figured out how I want to approach it.So Gerards admitted he's addicted and Frankies got a job. Normally I write more than this or I publish like three chapters a day but since my glasses got lost in a mosh pit its hard to write :p anyway do you guys have any ppredictions?Comments?Questions?-ChemicalSkeleton