Chapter 14:You'll Never Fight Alone

-Chapter Title Credits:The World Is Ugly by MCR-

It took quite a bit of persuasion from Frank,but after begging for about an hour and a half he had managed to convince Mikey,Bob and Ben that Gerard should take a week off.

Of course he didn't tell them the truth,he just explained Gerard was exhausted and he needed a break for the sake of his sanity.

Not that it was a complete lie,but the main reason was because Gerard was going to be suffering from withdrawals for the next week.

Frank had disposed of the drugs and when he had returned he found Gerard pouring bottles of alcohol down the kitchen sink.

The first three days were actually not to bad.

Gerard suffered from a killer headache and felt rough,vomiting every few hours.

But he could handle it.

Frank was there rubbing his back and whispering soothing words as his stomach emptied itself of its contents.

The fourth day was the worst as far as withdrawals went.

Gerards headache had developed into a full fledged migraine that had him in tears.

He had to keep a trash bin next to his bed due to the fact nausea would strike him at any moment.

Much like the last time he had been suffering withdrawals,little beads of sweat caused his hair to stick to his forehead and he couldnt stop shivering,one moment feeling cold the next feeling as if he was in a desert when the sun was at its highest.

But once again,Frank was there.

He simply climbed into bed next to him and cuddled the wrecked boy into his arms,allowing a random movie to play on the TV.

They laid in silence for a while,enjoying each others company.

That is until Gerard jerked away suddenly,heaving himself to the side of the bed as he vomited violently in the trash can.

Frank watched hopelessly as Gerard stumbled to his feet and disappeared into the bathroom to brush his teeth for the ninth time that day.....and it was only 2pm.

Gerard climbed back into bed and shut his eyes.

He felt so horrible.

He felt like he was dying.

His body felt as if it was shutting down in slow motion.

His dark thoughts were punctured by arms wrapping around him,gently pulling him to Franks warm body.

Gerard made a whimpering noise and snuggled into him.

He felt cold at the current moment.

Colder than he thought was possible for a living human,but he knew it was the effects of a fever.

"These are the eyes and the lies of the taken,"

Gerard tilted his face up to peer at Frank,mesmerized by his voice.

"These are the eyes and the lies of the taken
These are their hearts but their hearts don’t beat like ours
They burn ‘cause they are all afraid
For every one of us, there’s an army of them
But you’ll never fight alone
‘Cause I wanted you to know

That the world is ugly
But you’re beautiful to me
Well are you thinking of me now?"

Frank was rubbing circles in Gerards back unknowingly,his eyes staring down at Gerard who was trying to place the song but to no avail.

"These are the nights and the lights that we fade in
These are the words but the words aren’t coming out
They burn ‘cause they are hard to say
For every failing sun, there’s a morning after
Though I’m empty when you go
I just wanted you to know

That the world is ugly
But you’re beautiful to me
Are you thinking of me
Like I’m thinking of you
I would say I’m sorry, though
Though I really need to go
I just wanted you to know

I wanted you to know
I’m thinking of you every night, every day,"