Chapter 22:Coming Back As We Are

-Chapter Title Credit:The Scientist by Coldplay-

Gerard carried Frank to the hospital.

It wasn't to far away,only 10 minuets away.

Upon arrival the doctors rushed Frank back to take X-Rays to check how many bones had been broken.

They tried to make Gerard wait in the waiting room but Frank nearly had a panic attack at the mention of such a thing so with some hesitation Gerard was allowed through.

When asked what had happened to Frank he said quickly,"I was hit by some drunk driver.They kept driving.Luckily I managed to call Gerard."

The doctors didn't fully believe the story considering Frank had whip marks on his back but now wasn't a time to argue.

A broken wrist,two broken ribs, three fractured ribs and a minor concussion.

Frank was also suffering from dehydration and malnutrition.

After the doctor put his wrist in a bright green cast,they put a bandage around his ribs and set him up in a bed with a IV drip filled with water and painkiller.

Gerard held his good hand the entire time,rubbing soothing circles into the back of his hand making a small smile light up Franks face.

They shared the food brought up to the room by a nurse,then curled up in the bed together.

Frank had drifted asleep in Gerards arms quickly.

Gerard had no such luck though.

Today had been dramatic.

He beat the shit out of his mother and almost killed Franks dad.

And it was only 6:24pm.

Gerard's thoughts were interrupted by a light tapping on the door that slowly swung open.

"Bert?"Gerard whispered in shock,not wanting to wake Frank.

Bert smiled wearily and shut the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?"Gerard demanded as Frank snuggled into his chest even more.

"I've come to warn you.Your mom called the police.Your all over the news for 'assaulting' her.She claims you snapped and beat her.Everyone thinks you've had a schizophrenia break down.Their coming to arrest you."Bert sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

He's a hallucination,Was Gerards first thought.

But it didn't feel like he was one.

He seemed real.

"Don't believe me?"Bert asked raising a eyebrow.

Gerard slowly shook his head.

Bert huffed and grabbed the remote for the TV.

As soon as he turned the channel onto the news Gerard was met by a picture of his own face.

Panic flared in his stomach.

'-rard Way.He suffers from schizophrenia.He brutally attack his mother today.Police say he's extremely dangerous and if you see Mr.Way to call 911 right away.Do NOT confront him.This mental breakdown happened after Mr.Way's boyfriend,Frank Iero,went missing two days ago.Police are still searching for Mr.Iero and are beginning to wonder if Mr.Way had anything to do with his boyfriends disappearance."

"Thats bullshit!"Gerard shouted.

Frank jumped,his eyes flying open.

"Shit.Im so sorry Frankie.Its okay.Im sorry."Gerard whispered pulling his trembling body into a protective hug.

Frank calmed down after a moment and pulled away to look at Gerard worried.

"How did you find us Bert?"Gerard demanded avoiding Frank's questioning gaze.

Frank's eyes shifted to Bert only just noticing there was another human being in the room.

"I got a call from Your brother Mikey.He was searching your apartment to try and figure out where you went and he found my number.I kinda figured out what had happened from there.I knew Frank would be injured and I came to the nearest hospital."

"Whats going on?"Frank finally interrupted. 

Gerard took a shaky breath and began to explain the situation.

Franks eyes were wide by the time Gerard finished.

"T-They...they think........G-Gee their gonna take you away!"Frank cried.

Gerard tried to speak but Frank was going into hysteria.

"I won't let them take you away from me!Y-You can't leave me!"

Gerard pressed his lips to Franks firmly.

"Im not leaving you.Calm down Frankie were gonna figure something out."

"Actually I have a idea."Bert pipped up.

-Another 'DON DON DON'.I told you guys Bert wasn't always gonna be a bad guy.What do you think is going to happen?-ChemicalSkeleton