Pizza and Problems

"Woo? Jungwoo? Are you listening?" Doyoung asked, waving his hand in front of Jungwoo's face.

Jungwoo had been deeply lost in thought. His talk with Rosemary...how her son had died out of heartbreak and guilt and how the old woman had somehow known exactly where his soulmark was...it was unsettling. Creepy, even. But in a strange sort of way that made him want to go back.

They were now back at Doyoung's house, ordering pizza as they watched RuPaul's Drag Race. Pizza and drag queens - two of Jungwoo's favourite things. And yet Jungwoo wanted to sprint out of the door and all the way back to St. Valentine's Home for Elders.

"I was asking what topping you wanted for the pizza. I'm buying, remember?," the elder explained.

"Oh...yeah. Pizza. I don't mind. I'm fine with whatever," Jungwoo murmured, drifting back into his deep thoughts.

"Are you okay, Woo? You've seemed really out of it since we left the old people place," Sicheng asked cocking his head to the side.

"It's called an Elder's home," Doyoung corrected Sicheng, "But Sicheng's right. You seem really out of it. Did anything happen there?"

"No. Nothing happened. Let's just order the pizza."

"Fine. Whatever," Doyoung shrugged, getting up and walking into the kitchen with his phone pressed to his ear as he called Pizza Hut.

Jungwoo unpaused the stationary figure of RuPaul judging the queens and settled back into the sofa. 

It was only a few seconds before Sicheng paused the show once again. Jungwoo turned his head to look at his friend, annoyed.

"Why'd you-" he started but he was cut off almost instantly.

"What's going on. And don't even try to say that it's nothing - you always get this weird distant look when something's up and you start zoning out and going all quiet. Even quieter than usual. Doyoung knows something's up to, and as your bestfriends, we demand to know what's going on!" Sicheng snapped, stage-whispering since Doyoung was only next door ordering their pizzas.

'Can I get a large pepperoni pizza...yep that's a large....'

"What do you mean. I don't know what you're talking about," Jungwoo replied, shoving his arm behind his back.

Were they on to him? Did they know about the soulmark?

"Jungwoo, do not lie to me. What's going on" Sicheng's tone turned from demanding and accusatory to soft and caring "Seriously, Woo, we're worried. And it hasn't just been since the old people house or whatever it's called. you've been acting weird all week, ever since that party. What happened there? Did somebody do something to you? Did...did somebody touch you-?"

"No! No, no, nothing like that happened," Jungwoo waved his hands between them, almost as if Sicheng's words were some sort of lingering fog in the air and he was trying to disperse it.

"Then what happened? Why are you acting weird? You've been acting strange at school - I went to see Yuta early on Monday and you were there too. And you're never early! And I've seen you go into that green shed-"

Jungwoo's eyes darkened. 

Oh God oh God oh God.

"That's none of your business. It's got nothing to do with you," he spoke cruelly, a spike of warning laced through his words.

"I know, Woo, I know it's none of my business, but you always take you makeup bag with you and I always see this guy leave and then you leave after him. I tried to see his face but he's always wearing a hoodie. Jungwoo are you selling drugs to this guy? Buying drugs? Are you selling yourself?" Sicheng spoke rapidly, desperately. He knew what Jungwoo was like, he knew if he delved too deep he would shut up, but what if his friend was in danger? What if he'd gotten himself in some sort of trouble that he couldn't get out of?