He loves me, He loves me not

Jungwoo was stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Why did he think...why had he ever thought that just because they were engaged now, Taeho would love him?

Here he was at eight at night, crying. He could hear Taeho in the shower, washing away all the lipstick and perfume. But he couldn't wash away the hickies. He couldn't wash away his actions.

Five minutes later, Taeho stepped out of the bathroom, wearing baggy tracksuit bottoms and a white t-shirt.

Jungwoo watched silently as he waltzed over to the freezer, cracking open a beer can. He was already drunk.

"What's up with you?" he turned around, asking his fiancé. Jungwoo stayed quiet. The hickies stood out against Taeho's skin, clear as day.

"I said what's wrong with you," Taeho growled, walking closer. Still, Jungwoo was silent.

"Answer me goddammit!" Taeho yelled.

Jungwoo flinched. Taeho never shouted. He never, never shouted.

But Jungwoo didn't know what to say. What if he called him out on it and it turned out he was wrong? The hickeys and lipstick marks were bruises and cuts and the perfume was from the flowers Taeho had gone to pick up for him.

What if that was the truth?

Taeho stepped closes, only a few feet from him. Jungwoo breathes in deeply. Alcohol. That was all he could smell.

"Jungwoo?" Taeho said quietly and it would've been sweet if it
hadn't sounded so menacing.

Jungwoo didn't want to look up, he didn't what to meet him on the eye.

"Jungwoo," the elder repeated, pulling his chin upwards so he was looking into his eyes, "You need to answer me."

Jungwoo was tired of this bullshit. His fiancé had come home shit-faced drunk and now he was in the wrong for not talking to him?

"I'm going to bed," Jungwoo huffed, pushing passed Taeho.

Before he could even get to the bedroom door, he felt a hand on his wrist. The hand pulled his back, pinning him to the wall.

"Fucking answer me," he growled, "Things are gonna get messy, Woo."

Was that a threat?

How could the past few days have been so good when this was happening behind the scenes?

Jungwoo whimpered.

"JUNGWOO!" Taeho yelled, thrusting a fist into the wall to the left of Jungwoo's ear.

Jungwoo yelped, a spike of fear spiralling through him.

He's never hit me. Could he ever hit me...?

Jungwoo wasn't sure about the answer anymore.

"You know what? I'm out of here," he mumbled, striding towards the front door. He could just stay over at Sicheng's, or Chittaphon's, or Taeyong. Even Doyoung, maybe...

Anywhere but here.

~~~

Yukhei stood in front of the door, hair slicked back, bouquet of roses in hand.