Sighted Soulmarks and Storage Cupboards

Jungwoo was happy, ecstatic, on top of the moon. It had been three days since his argument with Sicheng (and indirectly Doyoung), he hadn't felt that strange soulmate pain in those three days (which meant that Yukhei hadn't been fucking anyone recently. Not that Jungwoo cared) and even the thought of his mother coming to visit that night couldn't ruin Jungwoo's mood because they'd finally made up.

Jungwoo had ran up to where Doyoung was lounging  in their spot of grass and began to apologise profusely.

'I know we're bestfriends, I shouldn't have shouted at Sicheng like that, I'm sorry, I love you' and the like.

Doyoung had simply wrapped his arms around Jungwoo.

'I know, Woo, I know'

And finally, Jungwoo could spill everything out to his bestfriend (well not quite everything).

"Oh my God I can't believe that bitch wants to visit you!" Doyoung scowled in disgust.

"To be fair, it was Dad who...err...well, you know," Jungwoo mumbled uncomfortably. 

"But it's not like she stopped him! She just sat back and watched as that motherfucker beat you up and kicked you out!"

"Doyoung!" Jungwoo gasped, "Be quiet!"

"Oh. Sorry," Doyoung smiled sheepishly "But my point still stands."

Jungwoo shrugged "Whatever, dude."

And that's when he messed up. 

He brushed a hand through his hair, pulling his locks out of his eyes. Doyoung's eyes followed his arm, coming to rest on the black mark on Jungwoo's wrist. His eyes darkened.

It can't be a tattoo. Woo's too scared of needles. And it can't be a drawing - it's on the wrong wrist.

"Jungwoo," Doyoung said, almost scarily calm.

"Hmm?" The younger hummed distractedly, blinking blurs of golden sunlight out of his eyes.

"What is that on your wrist?"

Jungwoo's stomach dropped down into his toes. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. What do I do? Make something up? But he won't believe you! Fuck it, it's your only option! He debated in his head.

"I...err...you know that art student, err, Ravi, I think? H-he drew it this morning."

"Ravi's in my English class. He's not in today. He's got tonsillitis," Doyoung's voice grew deep, threatening.

Why, oh, why did it have to be today of all days that I forgot my damn foundation?

"Ha ha ha!" Jungwoo laughed awkwardly "D-did I say Ravi? I m-meant, err...I meant...um..."

How many art students go to this school? And you can only name one? Pathetic Jungwoo, pathetic.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Kim Jungwoo. What is it?"

Doyoung's eyes were black now, black as obsidian. A foreign mix of fear, embarrassment and anxiety began to bubble in Jungwoo's stomach. He felt like he was going to throw up, or maybe faint, spontaneously combust, even. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words could come.

"Is it what I think it is, Woo?" 

Tears pierced Jungwoo's eyes, threatening to spill over the edge.

"D-Doyoungie," he whispered, clasping his hand around the elder's forearm. Doyoung pulled his arm away harshly.

"Answer me. Is that a soulmark, Jungwoo?"