I'm Sorry

"Jungwoo stop!"

Jungwoo took a breath as he heard a voice calling out his name. There was only one person that voice could belong to.

One person...

But Jungwoo didn't dare turn around.

He was hypnotised, transfixed by the lolling waves down below.

Pretty...so pretty...

"Jungwoo don't do this!" Yukhei shouted, "please come down."

Tears flooded out of his eyes.

He didn't know why...why he felt this way.

It was something inside of him, not a voice in his head but a voice in his heart, telling him that he had to do this.

To protect Yukhei.

To protect him? Protect him from what?

"Yukhei," Jungwoo croaked, "Yukhei I have to do this."

"No you don't!" Yukhei's voice was closer now.

"Yes I do! You don't understand, Yukhei! I-I don't know why b-but...p-protect...jump...I h-have to..." he was a babbling mess, hiccuping and sobbing.

"It's okay." A different voice. A rough, tired voice. Female.

"R-Rosemary?"

"It's me. It's me, Taeminnie."

Something inside of Jungwoo broke and blossomed at the same time. Why? Why did that voice calling that name make him feel this way?

"Don't do this, Taeminnie."

Rosemary's voice wanted him to step away from the edge. To run back into Yukhei's arms.

But it will only end in pain. It always does.

He stood planted on the edge of the cliff, unmoving.

"Taemin. Jungwoo. I understand you."

"No you don't!" Jungwoo shouted.

"Yes I do," Rosemary's voice was right behind him, her warm breath ghosting his neck.

"Jungwoo...do you remember the story? About my son?"

Jungwoo nodded.

"I can't explain it all to you. Not now. But just know that you and he...you're closer than you think...he did it here, you know? I guess he must of stood on this edge, scared like you, confused like you."

Jungwoo closed his eyes. He wished he could close his ears too.

He knew what he was doing was wrong.

Doyoung, Ten, Taeyong, Sicheng...how could he do this to them?

Because you're selfish.

"Why. Why won't it end the same this time?" Jungwoo spoke quietly, "how do you know that it won't end the same?"

"We don't know, Woo."

Jungwoo gasped at the voice by his side. Yukhei. How hadn't he noticed him creeping next to him?

"We don't know. We can't know. But we have to try, right?" The younger wrapped his large hand around Jungwoo's joining the fingers.

"I'm sorry, Yukhei."

"It's okay, Woo. Just come down now and we'll-"

"No. I mean I'm sorry for this."

And he jumped.