Chapter 4

6th September, 2018

Sprawled on his king sized bed covering almost the full of it with his legs and hands all over the bed, Shumail was sleeping in a peaceful slumber. Wearing a red coloured night suit with white coloured polka dots he was looking cute as he slept on his stomach hugging a pillow to his chest, a small of a drool at the corner of his mouth.

The open window of his room let the cool breeze enter as he started feeling chilly. The carelessly discarded duvet that was half lying at the foot of the bed and half on the floor was all Shumail wanted when the chilly breeze hit him making him shiver in his sleep. Sleepily he ran his leg at the bottom of the bed trying to locate the duvet and frowning in his sleep when he wasn't able to. As he finally felt the comforter, he held it in between his toes and pulled it with his leg. Taking hold of the side of the sheet, he pulled it totally to him and fully covered the duvet over himself.

With a satisfied smile and a warm and cozy feel, he fell back in his slumber again.

When he woke up a good few hours later at the dawn due to the alarm blaring in his ears, he silenced the alarm and discarded the duvet on the floor carelessly back again and stood up wiping his eyes. Walking to his closet and taking a white Kurta and Shalwar that he mostly wore for salah he walked to the bathroom and quickly freshening up he changed into them and came out after doing his wudu, heading to the masjid to pray his fajr salah.

After praying fajr salah, he returned from the masjid as he walked back in his room. Closing the door behind him and keeping the house keys at the bedside table, he opened the buttons of his kurta and pulling it over his head he removed it. It was still early in the morning and he felt the bed looking inviting so he jumped back in his bed. The next moment he sat up and walking up to the window he closed it shut and walking back to the bed he lifted the duvet off the floor and falling back on the bed he covered himself with it.

3 hours later Shumail was finding it difficult to find the will power to leave the cozy bed and wake up. The alarm kept blaring in his ears and he sleepilu kept snoozing it for another 15 minutes before the alarm finally went off again and he had to put it off and sit up on the bed. His eyes were still closed and he was practically half sleeping but mustering up all his will power he dragged himself out of the bed and to the bathroom.

After he had taken a shower and freshened up he walked to his closet and took out the attire for the day. White coloured V-neck full sleves T-shirt, jeans and a blue coloured overcoat that reached till his thighs. As he changed into them and did his hairs, he walked to the attached study and getting all the important files, he headed to the kitchen to have his breakfast.

After the breakfast which included scrambled eggs, french toast and a glass of orange juice which he ate while reading a file, he headed to his car. His chauffeur greeted him as he greeted back and sat at the backseat working on his iPad. The car started and they were soon driving on the highways when he looked up from his iPad and gazed out of his car window.

A smile appeared on his lips as he recalled the incident when he had hit her with his car and he was suddenly reminded of her.

Ms. Erum what might you be doing right now??

I just hope that you liked my gift!

And by any chance will we meet again? I wonder.

Shaking his head at the thought of meeting her again, he smiled and got back to working. His cell phone rang and he answered the call as he saw the name of his secretary flashing on the screen.