Chapter 14

6th May, 2019

Shumail was happy.

Being able to spend time with Eram, for it, he was happy.

With a broad smile, which didn't leave his lips even for a second the whole time they were out for dinner, he really looked content, as if he finally found the missing piece of his life which he was trying to find since forever.

Shumail and Eram were seated in his car and were heading back to their home. Eram had a small smile on her lips as she gazed out of the window, adorning the beautiful scenery passing by. Shumail kept stealing glances at her from time to time and she was aware of it too as she felt even more self conscious.

Shumail realised her discomfort as he smiled to himself and looked ahead at the road and focused his attention on driving. Some time into it when he again turn to look at her, he found her already dozing off as her head kept falling off her shoulder. It was past 11 at night and the roads had started to get empty, with hardly any car that could be seen passing by.

He didn't wanted to return home just yet as he took a turn and drove towards a valley where he used to go always to lighten his mood, and stopped the car at a little distance. He gazed out of the windshield and could see the city shining brightly in the artificial lights. Looking at the city from such a height looked mesmerising but what was even more captivating for him was his wife who had fallen asleep beside him. He slowly turned to her and placing his hand on her head, he made her head lie on his shoulder.

"Am I falling for you?" He whispered lightly caressing the back of his hand on her creamy cheek. Adjusting himself in his seat, he placed his head above her lightly and closed his eyes, relishing the moment. There was a feeling of content in him and he was thankful to his Rabb for sending her in his life and giving him another reason to live.

It was cold outside and he had slided the windows up to prevent the chilly breeze from entering the car but it still felt cold even after they had their jackets on as she put her hand around his arm and hugged him tightly, snuggling in his warm embrace. His eyes were still closed but a smile appeared on his lips feeling her snuggling into him and he let her do so. He didn't know when but being beside her and holding her close to him, he had lost himself in deep sleep.

It was a little while later that Eram's eyes suddenly flew open. She took in her surrounding and found herself snuggled to Shumail as her cheeks flushed taking in their position and realising the fact that she had her hands wrapped around him, she was about to pull back and move away but stopped when she saw him who seemed to be deep asleep. For a moment she kept looking at his face, taking in his facial features. Dark brown hairs that were curtaining his eyes a little were silky and she felt like running her fingers through them and caressing his hairs. Her eyes fell on his eyelashes which were a little long and curled up. Her fingers went up to her eyes and she wanted to touch them lightly but then she pulled back her hand not wanting to disturb him who looked so peaceful while asleep. She couldn't help herself as she placed her fingers on his cheek and caressed it lightly with her thumb.

You're too good to be true Shumail.

She placed his head properly against the seat but in his sleep he held on her hand and pulled her to him wrapping his hand around her and taking her in his embrace. She was a little taken aback but then she quickly composed herself. Not wanting to disturb him, she stayed in the same position. At first she was hesitant and tried to get his hands off her but unable to do so, she gave up as she too placed her hand on his torso and hugged him.

Her head was placed on his chest and she could hear his heart beating. She thought it was strange but his heartbeat was sounding like a melody to her ears as she brought her hand and placed it on his chest, feeling his beating heart under it.