Chapter 18

8th July, 2019

"How can you be this irresponsible!"

Eram flinched on her spot and took a step back in fear, her eyes closed tight shut.

"What were you even doing! I've not hired you to make such stupid mistakes!" The loud piercing voice made her shudder in fear, a chill running down her spine. "I can't wait any longer. Damn it!" The woman in front of her exclaimed, slamming the papers on the table as she stood up.

"I don't want to do this anymore! I quit!" Eram declared as she met the woman's eyes gathering all the courage in her. The woman turned to face Eram and that's when Eram saw her face for the first time. Eram had so far only talked with the woman on call but this was the first time that the woman met her in person, having the expectation that she was going to get the property papers signed but her expectations shattered brutally when Eram handed her the papers which were now absolutely wasted. She was beyond frustrated as she removed all her anger on Eram and listening to Eram's words, her frustration increased tenfold but she put on a calm face, and faced Eram again.

"Your wish." The woman said, nonchalantly. "Oh I will absolutely love it if you quit because I'm done with your stupidity!"

"You asked me to marry Shumail, I did. You kept asking for money, I kept giving his money to you from time to time. But getting all his property transferred in your name, I don't think I can do that!" Eram said in a tone, that said how hurt she was from the inside and what all problems she was facing in her life.

"That's my money! That's my property!" The woman shouted, making Eram take a step back in fear. "Have you, my dear, perhaps fallen in love with Shumail?" The woman suddenly questioned in a calm tone but her piercing eyes were glaring daggers at Eram and Eram's eyes went wide listening to her question.

"No I haven't!" Eram denied quickly, shaking her head.

"You better not. It will only be good for you." The woman laughed. "But since you want to quit then you falling in love doesn't even matter." She gave her shoulder a shrug.

"Who are you? And why do you want to hurt him, so badly?" Eram questioned, looking at the middle aged woman in front of her with furrowed eyebrows. "You had said that Shumail had aquired your husband's hard earned money, his position and his whole company, and you wanted to get everything back from him but I don't think there's a single percent truth in it. Living with him for so many months, I've come to know how amazing of a human being he is and I can bet on my life that he can't do such a thing. So I ask why!" Eram voice rose a bit as she questioned the woman standing in front of her. Eram didn't have any fear of the moment as she questioned the woman's motives. Eram suddenly was feeling a burden on her heart and remembering how Shumail had treated her with so much love, care and respect, she wanted to know the reason why anyone would want to hurt him in the first place. Surely she had first agreed with her and worked for her to get his money and his property but as time passed, she began to realise what she was doing was wrong. Her heart just wouldn't agree to the fact that Shumail can do anything of that sort and if he can't and he hadn't then that meant the woman in front of her was lying to her, and she wanted to know why!

"You're right!" The woman began with a smug smile on her face. "Shumail Ibrahim will never do such a thing." She finally accepted and continued to speak. "I lied to you, but...!" She interjected, facing Eram, "What will you do? Go tell Shumail everything?" The woman gave her a look with raised eyebrows and then laughed. "You can't do anything but just so you know I can do a whole lot of things!"

"You won't!" Eram's eyes were wide with horror, the words rolling off her tongue with great fear.

"Oh darling I can and I will, if..." The woman stopped speaking and her hand went to the glass that was placed on the table as she pushed it to the edge of the table but stopped before it fell off of it. "You won't do as I tell you to."