Chapter 6

30th October, 2018

Silence.

Awkward silence.

And none of them was making any effort to end it.

After Shumail had ran behind Eram chasing her, she couldn't react spontaneously. She ran in any direction to not let Shumail catch her, both their laughter booming and both were happy in that moment.

Eram ran as fast as she could, in any direction she could and taking a turn as she turned around to look at him, she saw he was just a few steps away from her, running behind her. Unknowingly a shriek left her lips and as she turned back to run, she slipped. A scream left her lips and she closed her eyes shut ready to feel the impact of the hard surface beneath her but she didn't feel any pain.

She opened her eyes in slits, unsure of her surrouding and her gaze met directly with the hazel ones. Utterly embarrassed and speechless, she looked at Shumail who was slightly bend forward holding her in his arm securely. In that split second they felt as if the time stopped with just the two of them lost in each other's eyes.

Clearing his throat uncomfortably as he made her stand on her two feets, he couldn't help but feel his heartbeat increased as if it would pop out any second. She adjusted her hijab as she looked away, trying to avoid his gaze.

"Sorry." He apologised as she nodded her head slightly, still looking away. "We should..umm.." He stuttered, unable to form any sentence and turned away as he placed his hand on his hammering heart to control it. "Let's go to some other ride." He spoke not looking her way and leaving her behind, started to walk ahead. She followed behind him with baby steps, still embarrassed with the events.

Strolling from one ride to another, the tension in the atmosphere slowly subsided as they both enjoyed the rest of their time having fun on the rides and eating something or the other, time and again.

It was nearly evening when the both finally got down from the roller coaster, after riding it for like 7 times! Though Shumail was fearful at first and had denied to get on the ride but on her insistence, he got on it. Screaming like crazy and yelling all the surahs he knew he completed his first round. When they got down from the roller coaster after their first ride, they looked at each other and burst out laughing on how silly they both were being on the ride.

"It was fun!" Shumail exclaimed. "You should have seen your face! You were screaming your lungs out." Shumail teased as he took in a deep breath, while he was bent holding his knees.

"Oh please!" Eram exclaimed, denying his prior comment. "You were the one reciting every surah and aayat you knew!" She laughed as he looked at her through narrowed eyes.

"I wasn't."

"Then let's ride it again! Will see who's the chicken among us." She spoke as she gave him a smirk giving her shoulders a shrug and flipped her hijab.

And like that they rode the roller coaster for 7 times and every time they both went crazy on the ride, screaming and yelling.

After a light snack, they both headed to the exit doors and walked to where Shumail had parked his car in the parking lot. Driving silently and enjoying her company, he finally stopped the car in front of her apartment. The both kept seated silently as they looked ahead in distance, no words spoken.