Chapter 16

18th June, 2019

Shumail walked in the room with much difficulty, holding all the junk food packs he could carry in his two hands. He kicked the door with his legs and it shut behind him as he made his way to the bed and dumped all the packets on it, creating a huge pile. He rubbed his hands together and made a jump beside the pile of packets grabbing the remote of the tv and turned it on. He opened one of the packet of chips and began to munch on them right away, switching between the channels and settling on watching a football match. 

Half an hour into the match, the bed was a total mess with packets of chips lying all over the place and with Shumail lying in the middle of it without one percent care about it, neither did he notice the mess he created in the first place.

"Ugh I'm so bored!" He muttered and let out a yawn, his eyes squinted and he looked no more interested in the match. He looked around and found all the packets empty. His lips twisted and he grumbled, trying to sit up on the bed but being the clumsy man he was, he ended up slipping and landed on the floor with a thud, with his legs still over the bed.

"Arrgh!" He grumbled again and brought his legs down and stood up, wiping his head where he hit himself. The atmosphere outside was good and he made his way to his balcony and putting his slippers on, he began descending the stairs which led him to his backyard. Shumail stood under the balcony and began to stretch his arms, trying to get rid of laziness.

"Shumail!" Came a shout for him and his face automatically cringed on the voice as he pinched his eyes shut.

"I'm in the backyard." He answered, bending to his side and touching his right leg with his righ hand, his left hand going up in the air.

"Come back up right now!" Eram ordered, her voice sounding from the bedroom but he didn't pay any attention to it and kept stretching.

"I'm not coming. What happened?" He asked, standing on his place and continuing with what he was doing.

"You ask me what happened?" Eram question, looking down at him from the balcony and he bent his back backward looking at her. "Do you have any idea how perfectly you have messed the whole bed, with empty packets of junk food all over it?" She had her eyebrows raised at him, while Shumail just grinned at her. Her mouth went ajar seeing him give her a grin and she let out a huff.

"You do this every single time!" She huffed.

"So what?" He questioned, giving a shrug to his shoulder.

"Come back right up and help me clear the mess!" She stated, putting her hands on her hips and gave him a serious look.

"I'm not coming. I'll clean it later." He said, bending backwards again and looking at her.

"I'm giving you a last warning. Come back up and quickly help me." She warned and he shook his head from side to side in a clear no, irritating her more. She slammed her foot on the balcony floor in anger and went back in. When Shumail bent backwards again, he didn't find her in the balcony as he shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly and focused on his exercising.

A few minutes passed by and Shumail thought Eram probably had given up on making him clean the bed and with a proud grin, he bent backward and touched the ground with one hand and as he began to get back up straight, ice cold water hit his face and more water was poured on him drenching him whole. A scream of surprise and shock left his lips while a victorious laugh fell on his ears as he turned around and saw Eram standing up in the balcony laughing her heart out looking at him, who was now completely drenched and shivering.

"Did you really throw ice cold water on me?" Shumail asked, clearly shocked as he blinked his eyes. A shiver wash over him when the chilly air blew fanning against him and Eram laughed more.