Chapter Thirty

When we reach the school, Blue walks me to my dorm room. He watches me unlock the door and push it open. It's empty, but I don't want to even think about where Riley is or who she's with. I shudder.

"You haven't given me an answer about tonight," he says, and I look over at him. He's twisting his lip ring with his fingers, almost nervously. Does he think I'd turn down a chance to see him in his element? He rarely gets this excited over something and I'm definitely seizing the opportunity.

"About your fighting thing?" I ask teasingly and laugh as he scrunches up his face. "Yes, I will go with you, but I'm going to take a nap before we head out."

His face lights up with a smile. "Can I join you?" he asks and I begin to say yes, but the shrilling noise of his phone ringing cuts me off. He yanks the phone out of his snug black jeans with a strange look of disgust. "Actually, I gotta take care of something. Enjoy your nap." He kisses my lips so quickly I barely feel him, and then he's just gone.

Well, okay. That was weird...

A headache threatens to invade my brain, so I decide to not think too much into his sudden weirdness and enter my room. After quickly toeing off my shoes and unravelling my scarf, I plop onto my bed. I bask in the darkness cloaking me and fall asleep in no time. I dream of graceful ballerinas and grumpy guitarists.

I wake up, what feels like a few hours later, to the sound of the door softly shutting. I listen to the sound of footsteps approaching my bed and stir in my half-dream state, until I feel the bed dip beside me. Powerful cologne, fresh clothes, cold metal rings on my hips. A smile conquers my face and I exhale softly.

"Blue," I murmur and roll over.

He chuckles deeply and pulls me into his chest. "Hey, I didn't mean to wake you," he says in a raspy voice that tickles my ear. His breath is warm, and he smells so lovely. "Go back to sleep, beautiful."

"Your fight...thing..." I argue, I think I do. Am I sleep? I'm awarded my answer when he laughs and my entire body vibrates along with him.

"You can still catch another hour of sleep, go ahead," he reassures me, but I want to make sure.

"What time is –" I start, my voice muffled by his chest. It's hard and makes my head bounce when he chuckles. I feel his fingers comb through my hair and it is the best feeling in the world. I flop an arm over his ribcage. His heart beats erratically under my touch. I listen to his laugh again.

"It's seven and it starts at nine; we'll leave in an hour though. But we'll leave the minute it's over; I know how obsessed you are with school nights and shit." I can hear the smug smile in his voice and I want to slap him, but I barely have the energy to open my eyes. "So, like I said, go back to sleep."

"Okay," I say. He pulls me back and when he pulls me back to him, my cheek presses against his hot bare skin.

"Dream of something nice," he says, cradling me to his chest, fingers in my hair.

"Like Hawaii?"

"I was thinking of maybe me..." His tone is amused.

"I'll think about..." I begin to mumble against his chest.

"Sleep tight, ballerina," he says and I flow into sleep.

* * *

I feel more well rested than when I went to sleep when I open my eyes. I'm confused when I wake up and don't see the sun pouring through the blinds until I remember it's still nighttime. When I look down, I see Blue's fingers stroking my bare stomach. I'm wearing his band tee.