-one-

————- ❈ ————-

————- ❈ ————-

ROLLING over once again in his bed, Taehyung groans. No matter how much he tossed and turned, shut his eyes, counted sheep, sung to himself or even hugged his pillow, he could not get himself to fall asleep.

In fact, it wasn't because he was too restless to relax. He was actually drained - to the point his eyes burned and watered as if it were his body's way of desperately begging for him to close his eyes and fucking doze off already.

But he couldn't, because although it was practically three in the morning, Namjoon's bed was still made and empty. He was needed at a last-minute meeting - which was approximately five hours ago - and hadn't returned ever since.

And what bothered Taehyung the most was that this wasn't the first time. This past couple of weeks, in fact, Namjoon had not been returning to their room until the soft light of the sunrise began to peek delicately through their window. Only then, would Taehyung hear the click of the doorknob turning and a body moving around the room until finally climbing onto the bed to rest.

When it was morning, it wasn't just Namjoon that woke up a bit later than usual, it was Taehyung too. Because of this, the other members didn't think too much about it. They all were tired... but it was always evident how much more Namjoon was doing.

After Namjoon's disappearance, the members had begun working even harder than before. They tried to ease their leader's burden and tried to talk to him but it was like he'd become withdrawn. There were occasional moments he'd join in on their conversations but the extent of how much they hung out was reduced to the episodes they filmed.

And when they went to do interviews, it was only Taehyung who noticed the way Namjoon's laughs were more forced than usual, the way his eyes widened every so often as if he was forcing himself to keep them open, or when he'd stutter over his words while answering a question.

But he also saw the way slight relief filled his eyes when Hoseok would always be by Namjoon's side, taking the microphone to make everyone laugh to ease the leader's attention, not caring if he was making a fool of himself.

The way Namjoon would act like he was embarrassed but secretly be thankful whenever Jin would shamelessly call himself 'worldwide handsome' and blow kisses to the camera as a comedic relief no matter how awkward he felt himself.

He would see the subtle pride in the leader's eyes when Jungkook and Jimin spoke or acted cutely and notice how his body would loosen at the moments Yoongi would take initiative in any topics Namjoon would need elaboration on.

Taehyung wished he could do that too.

The members contributed to the questions and made sure to keep the atmosphere as casual and fun as possible, wanting ARMY to see them happy. Except Namjoon wasn't really anymore — Taehyung knew.

Finally having enough, Taehyung kicks the blanket off his body and straightens, wiping away at his eyes to ease the burning sensation. Yawning, he flips on his hood and pulls at the drawstrings, making sure they were tied tightly before grabbing his phone to head out.

Looking around their apartment, Taehyung double checks every corner to make sure Namjoon wasn't there. With a soft exhale, he shakes his head and grabs his keys, staying as quiet as possible as he exits their apartment.

The journey to their studio is oddly quiet. On a normal day, he would have stopped to take some photos and wandered around the streets carelessly. But with so much worry occupying his thoughts, none of these things cross his mind. He just needed to find Namjoon.

Stepping into the studio, he was met with a peaceful quiet. He understood why Yoongi and Namjoon often stayed in the studio past what was required of them - the silence was tranquil enough for them to get lost in their work - different than the boisterous and busy halls in the morning. Not that he was complaining at all, of course.

Glancing around, he takes the stairs to the studio and frowns at the darkness of the building. Not a single light except for the emergency ones was on, which only made him wonder, was Namjoon even here?

Passing by Yoongi's studio, he slows down and peeks inside. Although he couldn't see well since the glass was foggy, it was dark enough for him to come to the conclusion that Yoongi was not inside. Even the screen light was completely shut off.

"So he really is alone." Taehyung sighs worriedly. It was common for Namjoon to stay in to work on music like Yoongi but it was too silent and dark. If anything, the coffee machine or hallway lights would be on, maybe a couple lingering staff here and there, but as he continues to walk once again toward the RKive studio his concern only increases.

Where was Namjoon?

————- ❈ ————-