-seven-

————- ❈ ————-

————- ❈ ————-

THE next morning starts off as regularly as any other day. The members wake up one by one, and once again, Namjoon and Taehyung are the last ones because they'd fallen asleep the latest.

After everyone eats a small breakfast, they silently get ready to leave for the studio to start off the schedules that had been planned for them that day. They take quick showers and make sure to brush their teeth, not worrying about style or their hair.

Namjoon keeps to himself, tense the entire morning as they head for the car. When Taehyung notices this, he asks to switch spots with Jungkook, who was too engrossed with his camera to question it as he scoots over.

"Hyung." The blonde-haired male whispers as soon as he gets settled next to Namjoon, who was scrolling through Twitter on his phone.

"Hm?"

"Don't be nervous," Taehyung says softly enough so that no one else would hear. "Everything will be fine."

Namjoon simply nods.

Taehyung is about to feel discouraged by the lack of response when suddenly the tall male closes his phone and places it on his lap with a tired exhale.

Eyes drooping closed, he crosses his arms and leans sideways until his head is resting on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Let me know when we get there." He murmurs, warm breath fanning against the younger's neck before he falls silent.

Taehyung gulps and hums in response, staring ahead fixedly.

Trying to relax and fight down the blush he was about to sport, he decides to distract himself by focusing his attention on the male seated in front of him.

The rest of the ride consists of Taehyung giggling and teasing Jimin about his height.

When they finally reach the studio, the younger male turns his head slowly and gives Namjoon a little shake with his opposite arm.

"Hyung." He whispers. "Namjoon hyung, we're here."

Eyes fluttering open, The tall male groans almost inaudibly. "Mm."

Namjoon gradually raises his head and rubs at his eyes drowsily. Finally free of the weight on his shoulder, Taehyung hops out of the van.

The blonde-haired male adjusts his bag so that it hangs over his shoulder and patiently waits for the leader while everyone else grabs their own belongings to head inside.

Once Namjoon climbs out, hands full of bags and other sorts of items, Taehyung rushes over to try and help.

"Hyung, let me—"

"I'm fine." Namjoon cuts him off, immediately dodging the younger's outstretched arms.

Taehyung instantly suspends his actions at that, taken aback as his brows crease together. Arms slowly coming back down to his sides, he swallows thickly to avoid his throat from tightening out of humiliation.

Upon noticing the sharp lack of movement, Namjoon halts in his step to look back at the younger.

After a moment, he presses his lips together and bites the inside of his cheek.

"Thank you, Taehyung-ah," Namjoon rephrases more gently, looking down at the ground. "But it's alright, I've got it. I just don't want you to have to carry these, they're kind of heavy."

"Oh, okay." He belatedly responds.

Nodding with a ghost of a smile, Namjoon hesitates before deciding to wait until Taehyung started walking again so that he could fall in step beside him.

When they reach the inside of the dance studio, Taehyung glances around and sees that Hoseok had connected his phone to the speakers, a simple beat softly playing in the room. Jimin was dancing casually to warm up while Jin and Jungkook stretched together, loosening their muscles for their morning practice. Meanwhile, Yoongi was crouched down, brows furrowed as he switched on the camera for monitoring their choreography later.

Turning to look beside him, Taehyung frowns when he notices Namjoon was no longer next to him. Eyes scanning the room, he sighs promptly after spotting him.

Namjoon was setting his belongings down against the wall when Taehyung bounds over, tossing his own bag onto the floor before straightening, bouncing on his heels.

"Hey, hyung?"

Namjoon hums, brows raising in question as he pulls out his hat from the front of his bag.

"Could you please—"

"Kim Namjoon."

All the members turn to look up at the oddly stern voice which belonged to one of their managers.

"Yes, sir?" The leader replies, straightening slowly.

The manager doesn't answer, whirling on his heel to stalk out of the room. They both stare after him until Namjoon blows out his cheeks. He glances sideways at Taehyung, who was watching equally as confused, before deciding to follow the man.

Taehyung huffs, lips curling downward when the leader leaves.

He just wanted to ask Namjoon if they could do the stretches together.

Pouting, the male turns around and drags his feet, plopping down beside Jin and Jungkook to do the warmups on his own.

————- ❈ ————-

if ur lowkey wondering why i cut bk on updating this story so frequently, its cuz im trying to have some self-control and work on my other books (since i'm too obsessed with this one welpp)