-twenty five-

————- ❈ ————-

————- ❈ ————-

WHEN Taehyung opens the door to their home, he instantly slams it shut behind him and strides through the hall to his room. He sniffles as he tries to focus through his blurry vision.

But as his footsteps slow down and the tears he was trying so hard to hold back begins to overflow from his eyes, he only makes it halfway through the hall before allowing for gravity to pull his body to the ground, his back hitting the wall behind him.

Drawing his knees to his chest, his body tilts sideways and he begins to cry quietly.

Taehyung deserved that scolding, he understood that, it was an extremely stupid and risky decision for him to continue singing as he did. In the end, he ended up feeling humiliated anyway.

He knew he shouldn't be crying except it's just that music was everything to him. It wasn't just his job but something that was a part of him. To make a mistake or disappoint someone when it came to his passion hurt beyond repair.

Taehyung feels his lower lip wobble. Before he can stifle it or bite it back, a small choked sob escapes his lips and he feels several more tears slip down his cheeks.

Turning his head, he slowly bumps his head onto the wall in frustration and shame, the dull pain somehow making him feel better.

He isn't sure how long he sits there, his whimpers and repetitive thuds from his head hitting the wall were the only sounds in the otherwise quiet area.

All he knows is that it's been a short while until he vaguely hears a door abruptly open.

"I don't get it, why are you telling me to leave the room to— Taehyung?"

A noise of surprise sounds from the sudden voice above him. Looking up, still in a daze, Taehyung makes out a figure holding a phone in his hand. "Jin hyung, I gotta go. We can talk later." He ends the call before instantly crouching beside him, shaking his shoulder gently.

"Taehyung? What are you doing?"

It isn't until he fully registers that the male beside him was Namjoon that he slightly jumps away, feeling his cheeks heat up all over again in timidity and embarrassment when he sees the leader peering at him with a tilted head and worried gaze.

"What were you doing just now?" Namjoon repeats softly, setting his phone down upon the floor as he reaches forward to graze his fingers against the side of Taehyung's head, wanting to inspect it.

However, Taehyung flinches and pulls away. Namjoon bites the inside of his cheek, his brows only furrowing deeper in concern. The way the younger sniffled and lips quivered every couple of seconds wasn't doing anything to lessen his distaste of the situation.

"Hey," Namjoon murmurs, trying again. "Tell hyung what's wrong."

This time, the younger presses his lips together, finally taking in a small yet shaky breath. "I don't..." Taehyung quickly glances away and closes his eyes when the leader meets his gaze. "...It's nothing."