-four-

————- ❈ ————-

————- ❈ ————-

"HYUNG, where are you going?" Taehyung asks, keeping his voice hushed because they were now back inside the apartment. He wraps his arms around himself, teeth still chattering from the cold.

Namjoon, who had been walking down the hall already, barely turns around and responds:

"Bathroom."

Feeling hopeless at the lack of attention he was receiving, Taehyung heads to their room and falls face down onto the mattress of his bed, burying his head in the covers before letting out a muffled groan.

Why was being with Namjoon so hard for him?

In practically every interview they did, Namjoon was always saying how he secretly took care of Taehyung. Had a soft spot for him. Loved and praised him in front of ARMY.

But when the camera was off, he often wondered... was it honestly real? Because he sure didn't see a difference.

And now that he thought about it, Namjoon was starting to act normal with the other members and spoke to them more ever since his disappearance... but what about him? Taehyung couldn't lie — it hurt to realize that.

When the door opens, Taehyung doesn't even move from his spot. He just listens to the way the other male shuffles around the room, hearing things move or get placed in other areas before the fan is turned on.

When he's sure Namjoon has gotten settled onto the bed, he sits up with a pout and watery eyes. Standing, he slowly pads over to the door.

Turning the knob as quietly as possible, he's just barely taken a step out before abruptly halting when he hears a:

"Where are you going?"

Swallowing thickly to somehow ease the lump forming in his throat, he doesn't turn around.

"I'm thirsty, I was going to get water."

"I have a water bottle here," Namjoon responds. "You can just take this."

Biting the inside of his cheek, Taehyung shakes his head, the frustrated tears beginning to make his vision blurry. "W-was gonna get a snack too."

There's a long pause.

"Taehyung, turn around."

Letting go of his tight hold on the doorknob, he closes the door and slowly makes his way to Namjoon's bed, his hair falling in front of his eyes as he bends his head somewhat to hide them.

"Come here." He hears him say. "You're still cold, right?"

Tilting his head up slightly, he bites his lips to prevent them from wobbling and notices that Namjoon had his arms open, one holding his blanket up and the other outstretched on the mattress.

If he wasn't so upset he'd be shocked, because, holy shit, Namjoon was initiating some sort of skinship with him.

"Don't wanna." He says instead, voice shaky despite his extreme efforts to restrain himself.

"...Taehyung? Are you crying?"

Well, fuck.

"N-no." The younger whispers, sniffling.

Raising a brow at the contradictoriness of the situation, Namjoon takes Taehyung's wrist and pulls him onto the bed, wrapping his arm and covering him with the blanket simultaneously.

Taehyung narrows his eyes, debating whether he should keep his distance. But when a tear slips from his eye, he's quick to duck his head, hoping Namjoon didn't see it fall.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung feels the vibrations from Namjoon's chest when he's asked the question, but he doesn't respond.

"Taehyung-ah."

Still not moving from his position, he fusses softly, not wanting to speak.

It isn't until the tall male squeezes him gently that he opens his mouth, his voice coming out stifled.

"Why do you hate me?"

————- ❈ ————-