NINE

ALWAYS AND FOREVER
______________

ALWAYS AND FOREVER______________

______________

I WAS WAITING IN THE CEMETARY, SURROUNDED BY WITCHES. The New Orleans witches said that they needed me to help convince Klaus to help them, for what? I didn't know.

"Bring her out!" Sophie Deveraux yelled.

Three witches walked out, leading my friend Hayley and I to them. The witches stood around us and before us all stood some guy in a suit.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked.

I already knew, he was Klaus' older brother, Elijah Mikaelson. Elijah turned to address Sophie, "Give us a moment, please"

The guy in the suit brought me inside a burial vault, lit by numerous candles. Leaving Hayley outside with the witches. I sat down as Elijah started to pace, "So, have they been holding you here against your will?"

"They lured my friend and me out to the bayou and grabbed us" I answered, "And they did all these. . . weird witchy tests on me. Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead. They can't have children"

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible. Here, if I may" Elijah reached out to place his hand on my head temple.

I recoiled, "What are you doing?"

"Relax" Elijah sat down beside me, "If you open your mind to me, I can show you" I nodded, allowing him to place his hands on either side of my head before closing my eyes, "In the beginning, our family was human. . . A thousand years ago, now"

A blonde girl and a young boy dressed in clothing from the Viking age were both running around in a village. Watching this was like time-traveling, Elijah had entered my mind and shared his memories with me.

The girl and the boy ran towards two men who fought with swords when they got closer I realized that it was Klaus and Elijah.

"Come, Henrik! Our brothers are fighting again"

"Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were actually just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to do so. And, for better or worse, we were happy" Elijah said, "That is, however, until one night, our youngest brother was killed by our village's greatest threat"

Klaus appeared carrying the little boy that I saw before, the boy was injured.

"Mother!" The blonde girl from before came running out of a house.

"Men that could transform themselves into wolves during the full moon. Our family was devastated, none more than Niklaus. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger"