NINETEEN

APRÈS MOI, LE DÉLUGE
______________

APRÈS MOI, LE DÉLUGE______________

______________

HAYLEY AND I SAT IN ONE OF THE STUDYS LISTENING TO ELIJAH.
Elijah looked through an old book about witches as he spoke.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina"

Hayley and I sat across from each other, we shared a few looks as Elijah spoke. I'm still feeling a bit guilty for the whole Celeste thing.

"-Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection" Klaus spoke as he entered the room, joining us. He looked at the sketch of Elijah's ex-lover, "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence"

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah sat down

Klaus sat down beside me, "Why does any witch do anything?"

A few seconds of silence had passed. Suddenly, we heard something that sounded like glass being smashed.

"Well, that's going well" Klaus commented

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," Elijah said

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus asked

"Give me a month. I'll get you list"

Klaus sighed in annoyance as we heard another smashing sound, "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass" he got up and left the room to deal with Davina.

Hayley leaned forward as Elijah's back faced us while he looked at the drawings, "You need to tell him" she whispered

"I can't, he'll hate me" I whispered back

"Come on, Tal, grow some balls and tell hi-"

"One wouldn't require supernatural hearing to overhear the two of you. Are you aware that your whispers are just about as loud as my speaking tone?" Elijah questioned, his back was still facing us

I sighed, "There's something you need to know"

Before I had the chance to tell him the room started to shake. I stood up and watched as books fell from the shelves and the lamp on the desk fell to the floor.