TWENTY THREE

LE GRAND GUIGNOL
______________

LE GRAND GUIGNOL______________

______________

HAYLEY AND I BROUGHT CELESTE TO THE BAYOU. It was now morning and we had tied her to a tree, I ripped the tape off and stood next to Eve and Hayley who had their rifles aimed at the witch. The crescents wolves were behind us, stuck in wolf form

"So what's this, payback? Look. I'm sorry I tricked you. I wasn't after you" the witch told us

The wolves growled, "What, and we were just collateral damage? You almost burned Thalia and Jackson alive in that plantation fire" Eve spoke

Celeste struggled against the ropes to free herself, Hayley fired a warning shot, "Careful, Sabine, or Celeste or whatever you like to call yourself. Sudden moves make me jumpy" Hayley cocked the rifle, "And homicidal"

"What, you're gonna kill me, honey?"

"No. We know better. See, we know all about you. We know that you like to off yourself and then jump into other people's bodies. Well, that's not gonna happen here" I told her, "I know I can't kill you, but try hexing me, and our friend, Eve, here will kneecap you. Go for them, and then, well, I'll really make it hurt"

"So, what do you want?" Celeste asked

"Back in the '90s, you inhabited a witch named Brynne Deveraux, remember? Marcel had her— you put a curse on a lot of werewolves so they'd only turn human on a full moon"

Celeste nodded, "I see. Yes. That was me. Let me guess. You want revenge"

"We want you to undo the curse"

WE REMOVED THE TIES, SETTING CELESTE FREE. She was mixing up some magical potion that was going to help undo the curse

"Here" Celeste handed me the mason jar, "It's herbs ground into a paste. It'll act as a conduit for the spell. On the next full moon, your people become human. Feed it to them, the curse will be broken"

"Great way to poison us all at once" I commented

"Look. I know you have no reason to trust me, but, Thalia, I actually like you. I was you, caring for Elijah when he cared more for his brother, and I ended up dead. So did a lot of others. This, call it a chance for me to give you what I was too in love to give myself. It's a chance to free yourself from the Originals"

"You believe her?" Eve asked

Jackson growled and the other wolves followed. I looked at what they were looking at and saw that Elijah was here, "Whatever she's promised you, it's a lie"

"Elijah, it's okay. We're okay"

"She cannot be trusted"

Hayley looked at him, "She's the only one that can help our pack"

"Do you have any idea what she has done to our family?" Elijah looked at Hayley and I

"I know you want revenge, and come the next full moon, when I'm sure her cure works, she's all yours," I told him

"Are you suggesting that we hold her captive for an entire month?" He asked, "It would take an army"

"And I've got one" The wolves howled, "So help us or get out of our way"

Elijah looked at us for a moment before he took the jar from me and grabbed Celeste, he sped off with them.

"Son of a bitch"

(third pov)

NIGHTTIME: IN LAFAYETTE CEMETERY. Rebekah and Marcel were on the run from Klaus but then they went back to get Davina. When they finally found her, they grabbed her and hurried out of the cemetery the only problem was that Rebekah was stuck. A boundary spell.

Elijah had gone to the cemetery to talk to Monique Deveraux and the two teamed up to get Celeste back in her original body and then kill her with Papa Tunde's blade but not before she had the chance to tell Elijah what she and the other witches did.

They had created a boundary spell. A lunar spell. The originals could enter the cemetery but not leave. They would be free by the next moonrise.

Klaus entered the cemetery. He held a white oak stake in his hand, he had just found out that Rebekah and Marcel were there, "Rebekah! Rebekah!" He roared

"Cherish the breath in your lungs! It'll be your last"

STILL IN THE CEMETERY, ELIJAH WALKED PAST THE CRYPTS. Rebekah walked around but stopped when she spotted her brother" Elijah?"

Elijah turned to his sister, "What are you doing here? Rebekah, you should be on the other side of the world by now"

"You and I both know that wouldn't have been far enough"

Klaus reached his siblings. He saw them standing together near the crypts, "GET AWAY FROM HER! She's mine"

Klaus' eyes turned yellow as the veins protruded on his face and his fangs came out. Elijah bared his fangs at Klaus while holding Papa Tunde's blade, and Rebekah did the same.  They looked like they were ready to kill each other.

"STOP!"