06 | we should stop

Natalia hated red carpets. She knew she should be smiley, jumpy even, for her older sister (by barely a year) yet she hated all the bright lights in her face.

Nevertheless, she endured the group photos, the solo ones, and all the photos with Lana.

"I thought you'd run inside by now." Lana laughed, posing for another photo beside her younger sister.

"I deserve more credit than that! Its not everyday your sister is the star of a Netflix rom com." Natalia laughed, pulling Lana into another hug. "I'm so proud of you."

Lana grinned, "Thank you, Natty."

They posed for a few more photos before Natalia moved away, allowing Lana a few more photos with her castmates.

After the premiere (which left Natalia in tears), the two sisters headed off to the premiere after party that Netflix was hosting. The party hall was filled to the brim with big celebrities and artists, leaving Natalia with the surge of anxiety that came with anything showbiz related.

"I didn't see you at all during the premiere." A familiar voice spoke behind her, and Natalia turned to face Noah, who held two glasses in his hands.

"I kind of avoid red carpets like the plague." She laughed as he handed her a glass. "You know, you shouldn't be giving alcohol to a minor."

Noah laughed, "Lana told me you wanted to go get drunk later, and I'm game. But I think we deserve a little fun here."

Natalia took a small sip from the glass, giving Noah a small smile. "If I get caught, its on you."

"Deal."

Four drinks later, Natalia was a giggling mess and Noah couldn't stop dancing like an idiot. She gave him a small shove as he grabbed her waist to tug her to the dance floor, her laughter only growing. "Noah! I can't dance!"

"You have to try at least once!" He exclaimed, pulling her against him. "Its really not that hard."

"Its hard when you're drunk and being held by the waist." She countered, and Noah let out a laugh and loosened his grip on her waist.

"Now can you dance?"

She let out a huff, "I'm not drunk enough."

"Well I can't sneak you anymore drinks, so unless you want to leave you're stuck on four." He countered, causing Natalia to let out a laugh.

"I think its safe to say I'd rather dance messily at home than here."

Five minutes later, Noah and Natalia hopped in an Uber after saying goodbye to everyone at the party.

They two stumbled into her small apartment, Noah immediately rummaging through her kitchen and finding her alcohol stash.

"You know, hiding bottles behind a container of rice really isn't that smart." He stated as he pulled the cap off and began preparing drinks.

Natalia pulled off her jacket and heels, then pulled herself onto the counter where Noah was mixing. "Only you figured out the hiding spot at first guess, so you're wrong."

"That's cause I know you that well." He said with a grin, handing her a glass.

The two grabbed the bottle and cups and made their way to her living room, sitting down beside each other on the sofa.

"Okay, I have a question." Noah began, "Why don't you like red carpets?"

"I don't like public appearances in general." Natalia replied, turning her body to face Noah's. "I know I do Youtube, but its different when you're in control of what you're putting out there. On the carpet, there's different angles and videos and its not in control anymore."

"So why'd you come tonight?"

"Well for starters, I wanted to be there for Lana, and secondly, I kinda think you're great." Natalia grinned, "I wanted to support you guys."

"That's really cute." He smiled, finishing off the rest of his glass.

Natalia watched Noah for a moment, her mind reeling back to her conversations with Lana about the boy sitting beside her. If she was being honest with herself, she had to censor the things she said or did with Noah, because she could catch herself easily falling for him.

"Are you gonna finally show me your dance skills or do you need more drinks?" Noah asked her playfully, breaking her thought bubble.

Natalia laughed, setting her glass down on the coffee table. "I think we've drank enough for the night, and I don't want to dance alone."

She connected her phone to the small speaker beside her TV, putting her Spotify playlist on shuffle before standing up and extending a hand to Noah.

"Let's go pretty boy."

Noah laughed as he stood up and shrugged his blazer off, and the two began dancing drunkenly around Natalia's living room, their laughs echoing across the room.

Natalia stumbled over the carpet, and Noah reached out to grasp her hips, pulling her flush against his body to stop her from falling. She let out a small breath as her hands rested on his chest, her gaze shifting to his.

"I think you've had enough dancing and drinks for tonight." He said softly, his arms not loosening from around her smaller frame.

"Yeah," she breathed out. "I think we both have."

"I don't know if its the alcohol or not," Noah breathed out, "but I'm really tempted to kiss you."

Natalia knew it was the alcohol in her blood that fueled her as her hands went around Noah's neck to tug him down to her height. "That makes two of us."

With that last lingering sentence, she pressed her lips against Noah's, who didn't hesistate to return the kiss just as fiercely. Natalia knew she should stop, even in her drunken state, yet she only took a step closer to him.

Noah's hands moved to Natalia's thighs, gripping them as he lifted her legs up around his waist. His lips trailed messily down her neck, causing low moans to escape Natalia.

"We shouldn't do this." He breathed out as he kissed the base of her throat, causing another moan to escape Natalia. "We could stop." She said lowly, moving her fingers into Noah's hair.

She moved him away from her neck to kiss him once more, pulling away slightly to whisper, "Or we could go to the bedroom."

Noah didn't hesitate to pull away and carry her to the bedroom, only stopping to place her down and climb on top of her, his fingers finding the zipper of her dress and tugging it down, allowing Natalia to pull it off as he worked on unbuttoning his own shirt.

Soon enough, the two were under the covers and the thought of anything being a mistake was buried deep in their minds.