54 | always have, always will

Natalia let out a sigh as she stood up to answer the door, pausing the episode of How I Met Your Mother she was watching. She knew she should at least fix up her hair, but at this point she didn't care.

It had been almost a week since she and Noah had their encounter at his place, and she had spent that entire week in between crying and sleeping, her only choice of clothing a hoodie of his she had dropped in the box of clothing she took that day.

She opened the door without checking the peephole, her entire body going rigid at the site of Noah.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded, crossing her arms over her chest.

His eyes skimmed over her body for a moment, before meeting hers. "I-I don't know."

Natalia shrugged her shoulders, "Well, I guess you should go then."

She made a move to shut the door, but Noah's hand reached out, stopping the door. "Can I please come in? We need to talk."

Natalia reluctantly stepped away from the door, heading into the living room as Noah entered the apartment and shut the door behind himself.

"I, uh, got you these." He said as he sat beside her on the sofa, handing her the paper bag she had given back to him. "I meant what I said about you keeping them."

Natalia took the bag from his grip and nodded, looking up at him with a sad smile. "Thank you."

He allowed a moment of silence to pass between the two, before he spoke.

"Natalia, I don't know where to start. I fucked up really bad, and I'm so sorry. When we first got together, all I could think was how much I never wanted to hurt you or let you down, but I did. I lashed out on you and I was selfish, I'm so sorry."

"Why did you lash out at me?" Natalia asked him softly, "You never gave me an answer."

"I-" Noah began, then let out a small sigh, "I guess in my mind I was trying to push you away, to get you to let go. To me, that seemed easier than me travelling all the time and you working long shoot days. I thought that if I acted the way I was, you would eventually leave and it would make it all easy."

"But I didn't leave."

"Yeah, I know."

"Do you know why?" Natalia began, meeting Noah's gaze with her own, letting out a small breathe to control her emotions. "Because I fucking loved you. Because to me, all I thought was that you loved me, and that we could work through it because we loved each other. For fucks sakes, we were engaged! I didn't think anything could break us."

"Love." Noah whispered under his breath once Natalia finished, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"What?"

"You said I loved you, as if I stopped, but I didn't. I still love you with everything in me." He said softly, his gaze never leaving hers. "I don't think I could ever stop loving you."

Natalia shook her head, "You know you're not allowed to come here and say that without a proper apology. You keep saying you're sorry for hurting me, for pushing me away."

"Natty, I'm in hell!" Noah exclaimed, his voice laced with sadness, "I have spent every single damn day of the past three months hating myself for what I did to you, hating the fact that I had the image of you running out of the apartment in tears engraved in my mind so fucking clearly. I have never hated myself more for everything I said that night, I have never hated myself more for thinking pushing you away was better than having you."

He let out a shaky breath, one hand moving to run through his hair messily. "Most importantly, I hate the fact that I hurt you in the worst possible way, and I will never blame you if you tell me to leave and if you hate me."

Natalia stared at Noah for a moment, before shifting herself to sit in his lap. His eyebrows shot up in surprise, his tone coming out confused, "What are you-?"

"I could never hate you, Noah. You should know that." Natalia whispered, her hands moving to cup Noah's jaw.

Noah took in her words, "Does this mean we're good? We're a couple again?"

Natalia's lips curved into a smile that caused Noah's heart to clench. "Yes, Noah, we're a couple again. You have me, always have and always will."

He leaned in without a second thought, kissing her deeply, moving to grip her hips. Natalia reciprocated immediately, her lips letting out a small gasp against his own as he tugged her closer to him.

"God, I missed you." He whispered against her lips, and Natalia let out a soft giggle. "I missed you, too."

The two barely even heard the apartment door open and shut, till Alexis's voice broke their embrace. "If you're gonna have make up sex, get out of the apartment." She said from the kitchen, causing Natalia to pull away from Noah's lips and bury her face in his neck, a laugh escaping her.

"Don't worry, Natalia will spending the night with me tonight!" Noah called back, and Natalia pulled away from his neck slightly, raising one eyebrow, "Oh, I am?"

Noah nodded, his hands trailing underneath the hoodie she was wearing to play with the waistband of her underwear. "Yes, baby, we have a lot of making up to do."

With that, he pressed his lips against Natalia's again, silencing her small laughs and much to Alexis's disgust.