56 | tests [EPILOGUE 1]

"Lana, I think I'm fucked." Natalia blurted out once her older sister opened the door to her
apartment, stepping inside.

"That's usually not how someone greets another person." Lana replied, shutting the door and following Natalia to her living room.

"I have a problem." Her younger sister said with a small sigh, sitting down on the sofa beside Lana.

"You just came back from celebrating your one year wedding anniversary, what kind of problem do you have?" Lana asked, her eyebrows rising slightly. "You should still be in bed cuddling your husband."

"I think I'm pregnant."

A moment of silence passed between the two sisters, before Lana wrapped her arms around Natalia, a wide smile forming on her lips. "Natty! That's good though!"

"No, its not!" She exclaimed, pushing Lana out of her hold and burying her face in her hands. "Noah and I wanted kids in two or three years, not now."

"Well, you don't know if you're pregnant yet, and also, so what if the timeline changed?"

"We had a plan." Natalia sighed, turning to look back at her sister. "Marriage, finding a house, then kids. That has always been the plan that we talked about, even during our first time going out. I can't change that plan, Lana, Noah will hate me."

Lana shook her head, her hands reaching out to hold Natalia's. "Look, you're 25, almost 26, for that matter. You can handle a baby, and so can Noah. Was it early? Yes. Will you two be okay? Yes! You two are the most adaptive couple and in love couple I know, and I know you two will work this out."

Natalia nodded, then pulled her sister into a hug, burying her head into her shoulder, "I love you, Lany."

"I love you too, dumb dumb. How was the anniversary?" Lana said with a smile, pulling away from the hug.

Natalia's lips curved into an easy smile, her gaze fixing on the wedding ring that now rested on her finger. "We went to Bora Bora for a week, which was what we had planned together, but then he surprised me with a trip to Tokyo and to Rome. And I know I've already been to Rome before but it was different this time. And I loved it so much, and I love him."

Lana smiled softly, reaching out her hand once again to squeeze her sisters'. "So, when did you start thinking you're preggo?"

Natalia rolled her eyes at her sister's words, then let out a sigh. "I was meant to get my period in our last week in Rome, but it never came. I mean, I didn't mind, and I just guessed it was a week or two late. It happens sometimes so I thought it was normal. Then, on our flight back, I started getting really sick and getting dizzy spells and I just based it on the fact that I was travelling. But, ya know, we've been back for two weeks and my period isn't here yet and I'm still tired and nauseous all the time."

"Does Noah know about your period?" Lana asked, squeezing her sister's fingers once again. Natalia shook her head.

"He knows about the sickness and exaustion, obviously, but he thinks I'm just jetlagged. And, you know, I could be! I'm just... scared."

"Well, and I know I hate asking this as much as you hate answering, but how often did you and Noah have sex without a condom?"

"Before the vacation, we did it like twice, and during the honeymoon, we uh, ya know, but I was on birth control and the morning after so there were times where we never bothered with a condom. I even made an appointment pre the trip to get an implant too, but this happened."

"Okay, so you need to go buy tests, and then make an appointment with your gyno. Do you want me to come with you, or buy them for you? You can take the test here."

Natalia shook her head, standing up. "I appreciate it, but if I am pregnant, I'd like Noah to be the first one to know."

She gave Lana one last hug before leaving her apartment and heading to a pharmacy, her hands shaking as she picked up three pregnancy tests and headed to the counter. Natalia could feel the stares she was getting from people, but she pushed them aside as she quickly paid for the tests and went to her apartment.

She took the tests immediately after she got home, then changed out of her jeans and top into an oversized sweater as she waited for the results. She perched herself on the bathtub rim, burying her head in her hands.

Natalia knew it would work out between her and Noah, one way or another, but she also hated the fact that they were so careless about it all. Her heart lept in her chest when she heard the apartment door open.

"Natty?"

"I'm in the bathroom!" She called out, however she made no move to close the door. She gave a weak wave when Noah stood in the doorway, a smile playing on his face.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Natalia gave him a moment to gaze around the bathroom, then his eyes fixed on the tests resting on the sink counter. "Are those-"

Natalia nodded, letting out a shaky sigh. "The results are there, I'm just scared to look." She lifted one of her hands to show Noah, "I can't stop shaking either."

Noah crossed the bathroom and wrapped Natalia into his arms, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her head. "Natty, it's gonna be okay."

"But you don't want to have baby now!" She said, pulling away from his chest to gaze up at him, her eyes filled with tears she refused to shed. "We had the plan and everything!"

Noah shrugged, tugging a strand of hair behind Natalia's ear. "So? Plans change all the time. If we have a baby, it'll speed up the process a bit, but that doesn't matter. I don't care about the time line or the plan, I love you and if there is a baby growing inside you, I love them too."

Natalia buried her head into Noah's chest, allowing tears to finally escape her eyes. "I love you so much," she mumbled into his shirt.

Noah laughed, leaning down and kissing the top of her head once again. "I love you too, now we have to check the tests."

Natalia let out a shaky breath as she peered over the counter, looking at the results displayed on the tests, then turned back to Noah.

"Two positives and a negative."

"And that means?"

"I'm probably pregnant." She breathed out, and Noah didn't hesitate to pull her against him once again, pressing his lips to hers softly.

They pulled away after a moment, allowing Natalia to throw the tests away. "I'll make an appointment with my doctor in a bit, so we can be sure." She said to Noah as the exited the bathroom, then turned to face him.

"Are you sure you're ready to be a dad?"

Noah cupped Natalia's face, his eyes gazing into hers. "Natty, I don't give a fuck whether I'm ready or not. I'll adapt, we have nine months for that. I wanted a baby with you and even though its a bit earlier than when we planned, its happening and I'm excited."

Natalia nodded, leaning forward and pressing a quick kiss to Noah's lips. "I love you."

"And I love you."