49 | marry

"Marry me."

"What?" Natalia asked, all sleepiness in her voice gone as she sat up slightly, propping herself onto her shoulder as she twisted her head to face Noah.

"Marry me, Natty." Noah whispered, tugging her closer to him. "I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Noah," Natalia began, letting out a small sigh. "I can't say yes and you know that."

"Why not?" Noah asked, reaching up and tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Because its too much." She whispered, dragging one hand across Noah's chest. "I love you, but I mean, we haven't even been living together for three months!"

"You also said saying "I love you" was too soon because we were only dating for two months." Noah countered, and Natalia shook her head.

"Noah, baby, we've been together for a year, and I know before that we had the benefits thing for two months, but I can't say yes. You don't even have a ring." She said softly, and Noah grinned, turning away from her and opening his beside table drawer and pulling out a small box.

"Do not tell me what that is." She whispered, sitting up and gazing at the box between his fingers.

Noah cleared his throat, meeting Natalia's eyes. "Do you wanna know when I bought this? I bought it after our six month anniversary. I woke up, gave you a kiss and told you I had a photoshoot, but instead I called Lana and I met up with her and she gave me advice about this. She told me that if I proposed after six months, you would freak out, so I've been waiting."

He took in a breathe, watching Natalia's expression as he continued, "I know you say its too soon, but I don't want a future without you. I don't give a shit about a schedule people are meant to follow because I know I love you and I know what I want for the rest of my life."

He popped the small box open, "You don't have to say yes if you think its too soon, but will you marry me?"

Natalia covered her face with her hands, shutting her eyes in an attempt to stop the tears. She let out a sigh into her hands before reopening her eyes and wiping away the tears.

She met Noah's gaze once again, and gave him a single nod. "I love you, so much, of course I'll marry you."

Noah grinned as he pulled the ring out of the box, placing it on her finger carefully before pulling her into his arms and kissing her softly.

"I love you." He let out against her lips, Natalia's hands cupping his face. "Forever."

Natalia smiled, tears still shining in her eyes. "I love you, too, Noah."

( note ! )
i'm so sorry for timeskips but it keeps the fic interesting 🤧 thx for reading we almost at 100k reads