1. Wolf Girl

•New Orleans•

EDITED somewhat

•• While Niklaus Mikaelson was supposedly 'dead' •• 2009

She could just barely breathe due to the feeling of water clogging up her lungs and pouring out her mouth. She coughed an spluttered eventually falling into Elijah's arms.

"Aphrena! What's happening!?" She grabbed at her throat trying to breathe but she couldn't. Elijah bit his wrist shoving it into her mouth but it didn't help. The water kept flowing and she kept squirming.

"E-Elijah." She choked out as tears stung her eyes. Black spots crossed her vision and she looked down at her stomach clutching it tightly. Then the water finally got too much and everything went dark.

Elijah got his phone to talk to his sister, meanwhile, Elena drowned in the river killing both her and her cousin. No one knew she was linked to Alaric as well but now that the two doppelgängers are dead they sure do now.

"Aphrena..." Elijah begged after he got done talking to his sister. "Please come back to me." He lifted her head and laid it on his lap stroking her hair. "I can't lose another." He hugged her limp body and moved her to his bed. He laid her cold body under the sheets and left the room pacing around not knowing what to do.

•••

Aphrena woke up with a gasp looking around and her throat stung with water and the need to feed.

The loss of nature hit her as well as the loss of being able to turn into a wolf. It was like her wolf side was being suppressed. The Witches. She was still carrying her dead baby so if she did turn it would kill the child indefinitely so they're suppressing that side of her.

She choked up whatever water was left and sat up. Tears stung her eyes when she thought of her baby and she had too many thoughts going on in her head to let tears fall.

Hearing the noise Elijah appeared in the doorway causing her to gasp and jump. "You're alive." He moved towards her slowly with a slight smile.

"What-what happened to me, Elijah?" She asked as more tears filled her eyes. She had a clue but she hoped she was wrong. "Elena died, you were linked to her and Alaric, thus killing you. Meaning you are in transition."

"Oh, my god. No, no, no. I can't." She choked out holding in sobs. Elijah sat next to her and held her close to him. He calmed her down easily just by touching her. "What am I going to do?" She asked quietly.

Elijah took in a deep breathe thinking about it. If he wants her safe from his family and this town there is only one way. "I can take it away. I can get you somewhere safe." He told her looking down at her as she looked straight ahead.

"Are you going to come with me?" She asked in a small voice. Elijah felt his heart break a little and he slowly shook his head.

"It's safer if I don't." She shot her eyes up to him tears blurring in them.

"I love you, Elijah, please don't do this to me. To us." She begged, the tears finally falling out her eyes causing blurry vision.

"I have to Aphrena. It isn't safe for you anymore and I know I will see you again. I love you and always will." Aphrena looked into his eyes, the loving now tear-filled chocolate brown eyes she had adored for a long time.

"Elijah, p-please don't leave me." She begged. He cupped her face and kissed her nose then started despite her protests.

"You will go and be with your kind," He said as he looked straight into her teary doe brown eyes. "You will forget me and my family. Move on with your new life. You never loved Elijah you never knew him or his family." She shook her head at his words but he kept his grip on her face.