18. Getting The Cure

•Tied Up•

Hayley called and told me what happened to Nik. Basically he got Papa tunde's blade stuck in his chest by Elijah to stop him from hurting Rebekah. So she said she was going to stay with him and help Elijah while I do what needs to be done for our pack.

That leads us to now where Celeste - who is still possessing Sabine's body - has her hands tied in front of her as she leans back against a tree. Me and Eve stand in front of her, our rifles aimed at her, while the rest of our clan - still stuck in wolf form - surrounds the nasty witch.

I rip tape of of her mouth and Celeste clearly frustrated says, "So what's this, payback? Look. I'm sorry I tricked you. I wasn't after you."

"What, and we were just collateral damage?" A wolf growls as Eve continues, "You almost burned her and Jackson alive in that plantation fire." Eve says angrily.

Celeste struggles against the ropes to free herself as I fire a warning shot near her. "Careful, Sabine, or Celeste or whatever you like to call yourself. Sudden moves make me jumpy." I cock my gun again. "And homicidal."

"What, you're gonna kill me, honey?" She mocks.

"No. Although I wish I could, I know better." The wolves behind me growl. "See, I know all about you. I know that you like to off yourself and then jump into other people's bodies. Well, that's not gonna happen here. I know I can't kill you, but try hexing me, and my friend Eve here will kneecap you. Go for her, and then, well, I'll really make you hurt. After all you have done, I would gladly do it."

"So, what do you want?" She asks annoyed.

"Back in the 90's, you inhabited a witch named Brynne Deveraux, remember? Marcel had her - you - put a curse on a lot of werewolves so they'd only turn human on a full moon."

"I see. Yes. That was me. Let me guess. You want revenge."

"No, you stupid wench. I want you to undo the curse." Celeste smiles smugly and I roll my eyes.

•••

3RD POV

Celeste sits against a tree stump. Though her hands are still tied together, she has managed to mix together some herbs into a mason jar.

"Here." Aphrena takes the jar from her and looks at it. "It's herbs ground into paste. It'll act as a conduit for the spell. On the next full moon, your people become human. Feed it to them, the curse will be broken." She explains.

The brunette narrows her eyes at her and says, "Great way to poison us all at once."

Celeste sighs and says, "Look. I know you have no reason to trust me, but, Aphrena, I actually like you." I have not been nice to her once and she still likes me? "I was you, caring for Elijah when he cared more for his brother, and I ended up dead. So did a lot of others. This, call it a chance for me to give you what I was too in love to give myself. It's a chance to free yourself from the Originals." She says trying to convince her but She don't care for her advice.

"He is my mate. I am carrying his baby. I have absolutely no desire to leave him."

"You believe her?" Eve questions unsure.