17. Body Jumper

•Explaining•

3RD POV

When Elijah heard movement in his mates room he knew he had to take a break to talk to her. It's not like he could avoid her forever.

He walked in to see her looking down at her enlarged stomach. "Hello." She looked up at him with tears in her eyes and she got out of bed and ran into his arms.

Wasn't exactly how she planned it to go when she first saw him but she couldn't help it. Everything she remembers she couldn't stay mad at him. "Hello, Eli." She breathed in his scent and put her forehead on his chest as he rubbed her back.

"We have some talking to do, Rena." She nodded and pulled away to lay down again and pat the spot next to her for him to sit. She wiped the tears away and looked at him thinking of what she could possibly say to him. When she went to say something he did first. "Why? Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked gesturing towards her stomach.

"I-i was going to but you were busy with family and I didn't want to tell you until it was right. I certainly wasn't expecting to die." She snifled a little and looked him in the eyes. "I'm sobsorry Eli." He smiled at his little mate and wiped the tears away.

"Hey, we have her back and your both safe now. That's all that matters to me."

"My turn. Why-why did you make me leave?"

"It wasn't safe for you. I didn't want you anywhere near the danger Niklaus was causing and i'm glad I did because when you left it was bad." He told her softly.

"But I still would have been with you." She said looking down at her hands.

"That doesn't matter." He said lifting up her chin. "What matters is if your safe. And if that means away from me then so be it. You and your saftey are more important to me then how I feel."

"You are wrong. Your feelings are important too. But thank you for trying to protect me." She smiled at him and before he could talk more their baby kicked. "Woah." She said with a bigger smile as she moved her hand to her stomach to feel the kick.

"May I?" Elijah asks gesturing to her stomach. She nods and places his hand over the light kicks.

The familiar spark hits her stomach and the baby feels her father and moves her baby hand to her fathers hand. Elijah listened to the heart beat and smiled at Aphrena who looked up to him surprised by the baby's actions.

"That's our little girl Elijah." She says with a soft smile.

"Yeah. Ours." He breathes out with a warm smile. He has the woman he loves and a child on the way. He couldn't have asked for more.

•••

Aphrena borrowed a shirt and leggings from Hayley seeing as none of her clothes fit now. She heard Elijah call her name and she followed his scent to the room he was in.

"Elijah. Your back, did you find any--thing?" She first sees his shirt off and then the names written across his body. "What is happening?"

"I need you to make a list of these names." She walked closer not taking her eyes off his body. "Please."

"Ok." She breathes out as she examines his stomach, his arms and his back. "Sabine..? Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women that Celeste inhabited the past two centuries."

Elijah told Marcel about Aphrena before he left this morning so when he walked in to see the dopplegangers bloated stomach he wasn't all that surprised though he was slightly shocked out how she looked pregnant. "It's called a devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle." Marcel hands her a note pad and pencil. "Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it and it disappears."