8. Moons peak

•Poisoned•

After Klaus tried to give Elijah an apology gift and he refused me and him had our fun with the girl before she died. Now I'm currently laying with Klaus on the sofa, my feet on his lap as I watch funny youtube videos-my headphones plugged in trying to keep quiet because grumpy one and two are reading. after while I smelt Rebekah's oh-so-familiar scent as she walks in. I keep watching my videos not giving to shits about what she wants this early in the morning? Afternoon maybe?

After my video buffered I heard her say "-vampire book club." I hid my laugh. I wiggled my feet getting Klaus' attention and he smiled. my video played for a few seconds before I paused it taking my headphones off and putting my head on the pillow. "And what's this business?" Rebekah says gesturing to the dead girl.

Not looking up yet Elijah answers, "This is a peace offering." He then looked up at his brother who is still trying to read.

"I presumed after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

"So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought."

"Sure tasted good though," I mumbled even though I knew they could hear me.

Elijah gave me a not so amused-look while the others did as he continued, "I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth." Klaus rolls his eyes guiltily, and Elijah gestures to the girl. "Not this nonsense."

"Well, we couldn't very well let her go to waste, could we?" He grins while taping my leg.

Rebekah smiles down at me then frowns as she sees the blood staining the carpet. "Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a two-hundred-year-old carpet." Elijah then looks up from his book to see the girl bleeding out as well.

"Ah, yes."

Hayley came through where we were a hand over her stomach and I bumped Klaus' hands so I could get up. He moved his hand and I swung my feet over getting up. I stuffed my phone in my pocket and walked into the kitchen.

"Rise and shine, Little flower." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Hey, Bumblebee." She replied with her own nickname for me.

"You're growing more Hales," I told her and she looked down rubbing over it.

"I know." She turned around rummaging through the fridge. I hopped up on the island counter and watched Hayley.

"Good morning." My head snapped up at the sound of Elijah's voice. Hayley looked over the fridge door.

"Hey." We both replied. Elijah moved to the cupboard and Rebekah opened the door coming from the outside.

"Listen. I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" Hayley asked. I thought I got some for her the other day?

"Speaking of add bleach," Rebekah replies as she walks right through.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable toward you two in my absence," Elijah spoke up.