3. Linked

•House of the Rising Sun•

Aphrena and Hayley stood with each other listening to the witches. Well, she was more than Aphrena but they did both look at the witches sourly.

All the sudden a voice breaks Aphrena out of her zoning out and the witches out of their argument. "She can't." All their heads snapped up to the direction of Elijah.

"Not entirely certain I can either, but now that your coven has drawn his ire, I have a question, what prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?" He asked walking closer to Sophie.

She went over to the wall and grabbed some weird looking object and poked herself in the hand.

"Ow." Aphrena and Hayley exclaimed looking down at their hands to see blood on it.

The two girls looked at each other than to Sophie. "What the hell?" Hayley said.

"The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed, it didn't just confirm the- her pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley and Aphrena. So anything that happens to me happens to them, which means their life is in your hands," Sophie said smugly about it.

"Why me? Why the hell do I get linked for?" Aphrena asked confused and Sophie turns to look at her.

"Because you are special." She answered vaguely before turning to Elijah. "Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what t- it already means to you. If I have to hurt them or worse to ensure that I have your attention, I will," she said causing Elijah to take a step forward threateningly.

"You would dare threaten an Original?" He asked amused.

"I have nothing to lose. You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind," she says finishing the conversation.

The witches disperse and Aphrena is left alone with Hayley.

"God! You can never get a break can you?" She laughed and the vampire grabbed a napkin from her pocket and wiped the blood off both their hands.

"I guess we can't. Thanks," she said. Aphrena slid down the wall and Hayley went after and laid her head on the older girls shoulder.

"I trust Elijah. We will get out of this soon." Aphrena kissed the top of her head.

"I hope so." She replies.

"Are you ready to be a mom?" Aphrena asked after a moment of silence.

"I don't know, I was abandoned and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second that I turned into a wolf. I don't know if I can handle it well," she said looking ashamed. Aphrena grabbed her hands.

"Hey, that makes two of us and now you got me and I won't leave you. You're gonna be an awesome mom. I believe in you." the doppelgänger told her with a small smile.

"I have no doubt I can do this if you're with me," she said smiling back.

"Well, I have my work cut out for me don't I?" Aphrena asked thinking about Elijah and laughing slightly.

•••

As Elijah was walking listening for Niklaus, he couldn't help but think about Aphrena.

They seriously linked her.

What did she have to do with this?

Elijah just wanted her back. He thought maybe sometime when he was ready he could finally give her her memories back and they could be together again. Elijah just had to grow a pair first.