7. Wolf Tracks

•Sinners and Saints•

I walk to my closet and look for my jacket to get the necklaces. I had put hayleys in there and totally forgot about it with how much has happened. I grab the necklace and walk to Hayley's room. she is asleep so I grab a pen and paper from my room.

goodmorning Hales I had this made for you, I have a matching one just to opposite direction. I hope you like it.
-Love Aphrena <3

I sat the necklace and note down on her bed side then walked downstairs to get a blood bag. once I grabbed my breakfast I walk into the room where I heard Sophie, Klaus and Rebekah talking and decided to hear what's going on since im bored. "-Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the babies." I walked into the room to stand near rebekah.

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asks.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpetation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"well, how the bloody hell was this vision interpreted?" I ask, talking for the first time today.

"Pretty much that your babies would bring death to all the witches." Her eyes flicker across our faces.

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of these children by the second." I snicker but I guess I agree these children are already so strong and feared.

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah asks.

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie asks stunned with a little hope in her eyes.

"Yeah. As we speak, I imagine." I'm so happy we can have him back soon.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd." Sophie says with a knowing look.

"Do tell." Klaus says. I already know what this is about. That stupid harvest.

"I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches." Sophie starts. "My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel... and play. But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's."

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?" Rebekah asks very confused.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries, so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing." Sophie explains.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus asks. Maybe because you havent been here for a long ass time and your not that into witchy stuff.

"Because a Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story, passed on through generations like Noah's ark, or the Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally, and some people don't." I said before Sophie could answer.

They turn to me shocked. "How do you know this?" Rebekah asks.

I shrug before replying. "I have been here awhile. and occasionally helped with what witchy powers I have. and I definitely dont do that anymore, after what happened."

"They had the girls of our community preparing for months. Four would be choosen for the Harvest. They said that it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth." Sophie said explaining what I meant by: after what happened. I nodded in agreement, I thought it was a myth to.

"Was it?" Rebekah asks curiously. Sophie looks guilty, but before she can say anything, Klaus's cell phone rings. He picks it up--it's Marcel.

"Marcel. Bit early in the day for you, isn't it?" I decide to listen in so I can see what Marcel wants.