14. Old Bones

•Après Moi, Le Déluge•

"Aphrena...I have done something pretty bad and I wanted to tell you before I told anyone else." I looked at Hayley with my eyebrows furrowed.

"What's the matter?" I sit down on my bed and pat the spot next to me for her to sit. "You know you look stressed and that's not good for the babies."

"I know and, um, don't get mad but it has to do with Elijah." I couldn't think of what she could have done that was so bad except kiss or sleep with him.

"Depends what you did." I rub her shoulder to calm her down.

"Sophie called me and asked me for a favor. She promised me that she would help break the curse that Marcel put on our people in exchange for some information. And I didn't think anything of it, but then Davina started doing those pictures of Celeste--she wanted to find Celeste's remains, so I went through his journals, and I found out where he buried her, and then I told her. I know it was stupid and it was snoopy, And I should have just asked him. I just did whatever for our people without thinking." She rambled.

"You should have asked Hayley. Celeste meant a lot to Elijah. Do you know how upset he is going to be with you?"

"I did it so Sophie didn't ask you and I did it for our people. Now--now I feel so guilty." I nod and and pat her head.

She leans her head on my shoulder as I talk, "Well, you are going to have to tell him. You weren't there to see his memories. I was. I saw how much he loved and cared for her and as much as it hurts to think about their bond...you should have told someone. I will not saying anything. That my friend is up to you. Piece of advice: Don't expect forgiveness so soon from him."

"You are being very helpful you know that?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "What are big sisters for?"

•••

As I was walking I heard Elijah talking, "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea."

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"

"Give me a month. I'll get you list." I laugh slightly. Funny Elijah. Me likey.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass."

"Put a sock in it Klaus!" I yell out going into Davina's room. I heard her break something as I entered. "Hey, D." She starts coughing and hunches over. "What's wrong?"

Marcel and I go to her side. "Davina, Davina!"

"What's with all the racket?" Klaus ask entering the room. Davina starts vomiting dirt and coughing even more. "Bloody hell." I rub her back trying to help as Marcel looks her over.

The house begins to shake, like there's an earthquake. And I pull Davina in my arms as Marcel and Klaus run out the room.

"Davina!" I yell before she passes out.

•••

The house shakes, like the apparent earthquake before and Davina yells out. I hold her in my arms as she sweats and I rub her shoulders.