11. Admitting It

•Wolves•

I decided today to contact the people I have talked to in a long time. My family.

Ever since I moved I had not seen them and I called them whenever I wanted to or if they needed to talk. I missed them but my life in that small town never fit. I liked New Orleans it's where I belonged Mystic Falls was not.

The phone rang and I bounced my foot as I looked at my feet. I was laying down watching movies when a show reminded me of my small family back home.

"Hello? Rena is that you?" I heard that forever teenage voice ask. I smiled at the ceiling turning on my side to mess with the pillow.

"Care bear. It is. I just wanted to call and say Hi."

"I miss you. Rena. Elena is so close to coming back but...I miss you both." A while back I got call from my ex Stefan and he informed me of Elena's little fiasco.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead getting rid of the headache. Something weird is happening to me and I can't find out what.

"I know Care. And I'm sorry I'm not there to help but I just can't be there and you know that. You can always come down and visit me." I offered knowing one of my bestfriends needs something that doesn't revovle around Elena although we look a like - ok, a lot alike - we are very different.

"I might take you up on that offer. I just need to help a little here. When I decide to come down I'll call you. Does that sound good?" I smiled wider.

"Of course! And tell Stef I said hi and call me. Tell Damon to go jump off a bridge." I laughed and I could hear her laugh as well.

"You got it. And everybody here misses you as well."

"I'm just that awesome. Anyway care bear I have to go, got grown up stuff to do."

"Alright, love you, Rena."

"Love you to." And then I hung up.

Care is my bestfriend and growing up the Gilbert's were my adoptive family. You might be wondering how exactly did that happen. Well, Isobel's sister and her had gotten pregnant around the same time Isobel with elena and Christine With me and Hayley. Then Our mothers gave us to Grayson gilbert where I was adopted by them. Unfortunately when I activated my curse at a young age, they kicked me out they didn't want supernatural so I had to go. My mother didn't expect me to activate the curse my dad had passed to me so she felt no need to tell the Gilberts.

I kept in contact with Jeremy and Elena but I moved around to find a pack where I could fit in and found Hayley who I had a immediate connection with. When our parents died I went back so I could be with them again and help them. I had to leave Hayley but she would come for me again and I knew that. So, all was fine until it was all to much.

Now, look where I am.

•••

Klaus has made me and Hayley join the feast he was having with Marcel and his day walkers and Hayley was less then thrilled. The clinking of glass drew everyones attention to the head of the table where Klaus was starting to stand.

Holding out his glass he began, "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift--immortailty. After 1,000 years, one might expect for life to be less keenly felt, for it's beauties and it's sorrows to diminish with time, but as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine--" He signaled waitors and waitresses to come to the vampires I saw Hayley look uncomfortable and I just smiled at her.