·3·

changbin was shocked at the ink spilling over his ribcage the next morning. a soulmate mark. a small rose to be exact.

now don't get him wrong, he always wanted to meet his soulmate, he had been waiting for this day to come. but he was 17 almost 18. he had long given up on looking. but when he took off his sleeping shirt that morning to change into his outfit for the day (a distressed black jean jacket over an orange sweater and ripped blue jeans), he just didn't expect to find anything.

but who could it be? there was a ton of new students since it was the first day of school and freshmen pretty much flooded the hallways.

he decided to go on with his morning, showing his father, jonghyun, his tattoo at the breakfast table, who, in turn, lost his marbles.

the conversation went something like this:
cb: hey dad
j: *doesn't look up from phone while shoving a spoonful of scrambled egg into his mouth* yeah?
cb: so like, i got my soulmate mark
j: coo- wait. wHat?

and when his other father, kibum, came down, the first sight he saw was his husband lifting his screaming son's shirt, finding a beautifully inked tattoo settled onto his ribcage. he got his husband to let the poor boy go, but not until he too admired the inked picture, much to the pale boy's dismay. 

after he let go, then came the questions, the first one being, "do you know who it is???" to which he shook his head. he managed to avoid the other questions following by running to his room to grab his backpack and jacket. kibum then gave his son a ride to school, who thankfully let the boy be and instead turned up the volume to the radio, listening to the hit k-pop songs at the moment, bts, red velvet, nct, and during the intermissions, the news. 

Once they got to changbin's school, the boy could not get off faster, thanking his dad for the ride and saying his farewells. 

changbin headed to the cafeteria, where chan, woojin, and minho were, woojin reading a book, holding chan's hand under the table, while chan was making fun of minho, who had been staring at an underclassman with chubby cheeks at another table, who changbin recognized as one of seungmin's friends. hyunjin was there too. changbin's heart fell at the sight of the two boys hugging and holding hands. but changbin wasn't hyunjin's soulmate. he just had to accept that. but that didn't mean his heart still didn't hurt. he sat down, taking out his phone to open up his instagram. 

"changbin hyung!" changbin turned to the direction of his voice being called. it was none other than hyunjin of course. hyunjin waved an arm, motioning for changbin to go to his table. he locked his phone and stuffing it in his front pocket, putting on his mask of the snarky, emo boy everyone thought him to be. 

"what do you want rat?" changbin rolled his eyes at the younger, getting a snicker of responses from the other boys at the table. hyunjin then made a pouty face. oh no. 

"can you lend me your english homework? i need to do a few questions." changbin scoffed. 

"you mean the entire assignment?" hyunjin nodded, flashing his bright smile that changbin had fallen in love with. changbin ignored the effect the boy had on him and rolled his eyes once again, shaking his head. "hyunjin, you had three days to do it, plus you could finish it in about forty-five minutes." 

hyunjin groaned and then proceeded to do some aegyo, to which the others cringed at and decided to ignore them. "pleeeeasseee hyung! i'm too lazyyyyy." after an antagonizing thirty seconds, changbin gave in and started to take off his backpack to grab his work. then the bright pink boy from yesterday appeared, felix, smiling widely, practically skipped to the table. 

changbin found the papers and handed them to hyunjin, who cheered and thanked the elder. 

"guys guess what! i got my soulmate mark! its a really pretty rose." the bubbly boy then held up his wrist, where a smaller version of his own mark was printed beautifully. changbin froze.

it was exactly the same as his.

i miss jjong so much and since his anniversary is coming up, i added shinee in. stream countless shawols 💜💜💜