✈️ that nobody could take your place

her heart felt heavy as she stepped into the bookstore.

she doesn't feel like waking up and find peace in this place when she knew a certain guy that made her heart so troubled would be there. she was relieved to see he wasn't there.

she sat down at the other table, not far away from their usual spot and dive into the new book she just bought.

_____

she didn't notice him.

she was too deep into the book she didn't realize he was staring at her, standing right in front of her. she didn't hear the creaks of the wooden chair, the sound of books dropping, the soft shuffles of his movement as he sat down.

it made his heart swelled in pure happiness.

he like seeing her so indulged on the book to not even feel his presence as he continued adoring her. what he didn't like was how his heart ached as he saw her red eyes moved ever so slowly, her chapped lips mouthing a few words silently and how pale her face had been as it shook gently.

he pushed all the books on the table away, bringing his head to be laid on it with his hand under his head to keep it comfortable. he wouldn't mind if this goes until hours.

a small smile came to his face as she smiled brightly and turned to another page.

she was beautiful.