SEVEN

A week had passed and her decision was still the same. 

She wasn't going to go.

“Come on Serena! He's going to come out in a couple of months, and I'll be the first one on his list to kill,” Mika groaned at her, as she let him through the door.

Mika and Serena had gotten close over the week. They weren't the ‘I'll-take-a-bullet-for-you-and-you-take-one-for-me’ type of friends but they met each other every day and had a nice coffee and talked about which hot guy Serena liked and which hot girl Mika loved.

“Tell the police you feel threatened,” She replied back, and closed the door.

She walked with him to her spotless kitchen. For the past week, she had been cleaning none stop, canceling her fake date with a guy just because she couldn't get Carlo off her mind.

Who knew a dick was so powerful?

“Yeah and I'll just run for president as well,” Mika scoffed as he sat down on the stool.

Serena rolled her eyes at him, and started making coffee for them.

She knew it was close to impossible for someone to keep Carlo in prison any longer, even with the threats he was giving out.

Mika had told Serena how he was on his best behaviour for a whole year. He had done everything they asked him to do. The officers in prison were happy with him. He also helped each of them. The mafia Don wasn't as heartless as people made him out to be, but he was still an asshole. An asshole that knew how to fuck.

“I don't want to go, Mika. It was supposed to be one time and that's it,” Serena turned to look at him and leaned against the counter behind her.

“It's today at 3. Just think about it. Okay?” Mika asked as he pulled out his phone and started typing quickly.

“I'm not wasting brain cells thinking about him,” Serena told him and Mika chuckled as he stood up.

“I've got to run now. I've got a date-” Mika winked at her, “Raincheck on the coffee?” He asked and Serena smiled, and nodded.

“I want details on how the date went later!” She told him as he walked out the door quickly.

Serena made her coffee and sat down at the breakfast bar just as phone rang.

She picked it up, not looking at the number, assuming it was Clare. She had forgotten her red coat in the morning. It was a prop.

“Hey,” She said into the phone.

Hello gattina,” Carlo’s deep voice rang through her ears.

Carlo had just called her.

Should she hang up or should she listen to his alluring deep voice?

“Goodbye Carlo.” She replied back and ended the call.

Why was Carlo calling her? Did he really want her to be there that desperately? She thought she was the one that couldn't get him out of her mind, but how wrong she was.

The phone rang again.

She picked it up, a stupid instinct.

If you fucking hang up on me again,I will kill you,” Carlo’s angry voice was heard from the line.

“A stupid threat to make when you're behind bars,” Serena replied, as she picked up her coffee mug and walked towards her couch.

“I heard you're not coming today. Why is that? Do you want more money?” Carlo asked, letting out a frustrated sigh.