NINE

Two weeks had passed by and everyone was happy. Carlo only had two weeks left to be released from prison and everyone was happy for him. Serena more happy than anyone.

She knew it would be weird meeting him in public, and doing normal things but she was okay with that. As long as he was out and in his house.

She had gone to his house with Mika and Luca in the past couple of weeks. It was huge but that was understandable since a lot of people lived there.

Serena was in love with that place. It was full of hot men wearing her weakness proudly. Suits.

"Listen, I have to pick up something but you just wait here. I'll be right back," Luca told Serena, pointing to the wall.

They were outside buying balloons to decorate the house.

She knew Carlo would hate it so she bought a lot of them.

"Okay," Serena nodded at Luca who ran across the road quickly.

Serena and Carlo had gotten close in these past two weeks. Close didn't mean fucking all the time. It meant late night calls that surprisingly Carlo did. He was the one that called her every night, just wanting to hear her voice so she would tell him about what happened in her day. She asked if he had any fights in prison. He told her stories from prison. They just talked.

Every week when they did meet, it was mostly fucking. Rough sex, that Serena loved. She couldn't wait for him to get out of there just so they could do everything properly. She was worried the table would break the next time they used it.

She imagined Carlo's face when he would step into the house to find big balloons that spelt, 'Welcome back asshole.'

There was a lot of balloons.

A shadow blocked Serena's view and she looked up to see a guy wearing a black suit.

"Carlo is on the phone and wanted to talk to you. He said go somewhere private. Where's Luca?" he asked, looking down at me.

"He's gone to go buy something," Serena replied and the guy in front of her nodded.

She really did need to learn everyone's name. She hadn't met all of the guys that worked for Carlo. She just knew their wardrobe was filled with suits.

"You can answer the phone in that corner," He gave her the phone and Serena nodded, walking into a quiet street.

He followed her. She placed the phone near her ear but no sound came out of it. She pulled the phone away to see it was dead. It wasn't even on.

Serena was just about to turn around, when she felt an arm around her waist, that pulled her back and she could feel the cold metal of a gun placed near the temple of her head.

She looked ahead of her to see Luca standing there. So he didn't actually buy anything.

"Let her fucking go," Luca said, dropping the bags of all the balloons -they'd had bought earlier- on the floor.

Serena stayed still. Quiet. Not making a single noise, as she controlled her breathing.

"He's not going to come out to a happily ever after. He doesn't deserve that shit," The stranger said to Luca, spitting on the floor.

She remembered what Carlo taught her. He knew the second he was getting close to her, that her life wasn't going to be easy. She didn't like easy anyway. He taught her everything he could in twenty minutes. Ten minutes fucking, twenty minutes self defense. Life was perfect for Serena.