Night Bite

A tired yawn comes from you as you cuddle into the pillow, which was supposed to be Varian's, but you forgot to bring yours.

So Varian is slightly pouting a foot away from you.

Rapunzel now yawns with Maximus, “It's been such a long day and this is a good spot to stop for the night.” She stretches, “Max. You're on guard duty tonight.”

Pascal laughs at Max and you slightly smile, snuggling into the pillow.

“Comfy over there?” Rapunzel asks.

You and Varian glance over to her and nod. Varian tries to take his pillow, but you notice and growl, pulling it closer to you.

Varian holds his hands up in defense.

You all hear Eugene snore and see him slide to the ground from being asleep against the tree. That left you three chuckling before laying down to sleep for the night.

Varian uses his arm as a pillow. An annoying buzzing is near his ear and he swats his hand. Now, there's something bugging in front of his face and swats more while sitting up.

A mosquito is flying toward Varian and he glares, hitting around.

Finally, the mosquito flies over to Max who blows it away only for it to try to attack Rapunzel. Max hits it away and it lands on his nose. It bites him and Max neighs.

Varian yells when the mosquito flies around him now, biting were his skin is exposed.

You and Rapunzel wake up, glancing toward the noise near the campfire. You sit up and raise a brow in confusion.

Max and Varian are scratching their backs on trees which caused Eugene to shake, but not wake up and they roll around on the grass. Finally they stop and look relieved.

“Max, Varian. What are you two doing?” Rapunzel asked tiredly.

You rub your face and hear buzzing. The mosquito is in front of you and you yell, lifting up a stick. “KILL IT!!” You swing around.

The mosquito flies over to Rapunzel and she slightly freaks out, “Whoa, whoa, whoa.”

It lands on Max’s nose.

“Okay!” Rapunzel flips up her frying pan and getting ready to swing, “Hold still. I got this.” She swings down.

Max moves and she hits the ground.

Varian's eyes widen when it lands on his nose and you're coming at him, swinging your stick. He ducks down and feels the weapon swing over his head.

The mosquito flies between you and Rapunzel while you two swing, not paying much attention to where you're hitting so Varian and Max are dodging you two

Eugene wakes up and stares at the scene in front of him. It looked like you and Rapunzel were fighting Max and Varian. “Whoa.” He grins tiredly, “This is some dream I'm having.”

You and Rapunzel keeping going until you're mirroring each others moves.

Everything went in slow motion when the mosquito flew in front of Max and Varian. Rapunzel’s pan is half an inch from Varian's face and Max opens his mouth so the pan misses him.

Your eyes widen when your stick broke in making contact with the frying pan and your swing managed shoot the pan toward Eugene.

You and Rapunzel gasp.

Eugene ducks as the handle of the pan pins the back of his shirt to the tree.

Varian sighs in relief again.

Eugene smiles and glad he wasn't hit. “HA-” He gets up only to hit his own head on the pan, knocking himself out.

The mosquito comes off of the pan.

You and Rapunzel glare at it, picking up torches from the campfire. Varian and Max cling to each other and stare at you two in fright.

“There he is.” Rapunzel says.

“Bring it on.” You move the torches in front of you.

Varian panics then realizes Pascal was here this whole time. “Pascal! Help!”

Pascal wakes up and glances over at you guys with an annoyed expression. He sees the mosquito and flings his tongue out, eating the mosquito.

You and Rapunzel were surprised, but smirk with a knowing look to each other.

Pascal curls up to go back to sleep only to be picked up by his tail.

“Oh no you don't.” Rapunzel hums happily.

You smile, “We have a little job for you.”

Pascal is now on guard duty and Max is laughing at him.

Rapunzel curls up against Max to fall back asleep. Varian got his pillow back, so you used him as your pillow and Varian didn't mind.

“Night, Pascal.” You mumble.

Pascal smiles and watches a mosquito buzz in front of him before his tongue shoots out to hit the fourth wall.