White Roses Painted Red (Varian x Reader)

[WARNING: Horror Story.]

I do hope you guys know what that means. You have been warned.

><~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~><

[TYPE]:

One-Shot

Cassandra's Story (Varian x Reader)

HALLOWEEN EDITION

><~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~><

[SHORT SUMMARY]:

It's Cassandra's turn to share her story on Hallow's Eve and hers is quite the thriller.

Based on the movie "The Uninvited" and the song "Mad Hatter" sung by Melanie Martinez.

><~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~><

“You know what, I'll go next.” Cass cracks her knuckles with a grin.

Lance laughs nervously, “It's not too gory, is it?”

“Who cares! Let's see if Cassandra can tell a spooky story.” Eugene smiles smugly.

Cass huffs, “As if your story would be any better than mine.”

Varian rolls his eyes and grins, “Ladies, you're both pretty, so can we just get along with the storytelling?”

Eugene looked offended and holds hand to his chest, “I am not a lady!”

You laugh in your sleep at Varian's comment and he chuckles.

“You sure about that, Fitzherbert?” Cass snorts and eyes everyone that sat around the campfire. “Where to begin….. This particular person came home from a very, special place….”

~*¤*~

Varian stared at his home which was newly built and no traces of the damaged he had caused a year ago. He held his small bag close and went up the steps. Slowly his hand turned the knob and-

“SURPRISE!”

Varian nearly ran and only hid in his hands at the sudden loudness. He felt like he was going to be attacked. Peeking through his fingers, he saw that there was no threat and huffs. “Really? You guys scared me.”

His father, Quirin, pulled his son into a hug. “It's good to have you back home, Son.”

Varian smiles softly and hugs him back.

“Varian! We're so glad you're okay and that you're back with us.” Rapunzel now pulls him into a hug.

“Yeah. I'm glad to be back.” He smiles a bit and pats her back before his hair gets ruffled by Eugene.

“Hey, Kiddo.”

Varian fixes his hair then pouts, “Hey, Mr. Rider.”

“Can we move this along?”

Everyone looks to Cassandra, who looks impatient and her arms are crossed as she glares. Varian grins and holds out his arms, “Hi, Cassie!”

“I still don't trust you.”

Rapunzel silently gasps, “Cass!”

Cass glances at everyone and sighs once she meets eyes with an upset Quirin. “Sorry.” She smiles lightly and holds open her arms. “Come here then.”