Forget-Me-Not (Varian x Older! Reader) Pt.2

[7 Years Later]

The dress was very annoying and it was a curse to you. Why oh why have the heavens above made you into a Lady-In-Waiting?

“After I get off this ship, I'm throwing this thing off and finding something less tight.”

The corset was evil. Unfortunately, you couldn't reach in the back to untie it or loosen it. Quite pathetic on your part which made you more annoyed.

Plus, the air had gotten colder once you came closer to Corona.

The ship finally stopped at the docks of Corona Kingdom and you held the bag and trunk close when you walked onto the peer.

“(____)?”

You hear laughter from Eugene and Cass. You blushed in embarrassment and glare, “Ha, ha. Laugh it up.”

Cass snickers, “Lady-In-Waiting? Don't worry, you'll get use to it and by IT, I mean the dress.”

You notice Eugene was in a fancy get up and Rapunzel in a different dress as well with her crown. “Wow…..did you two-”

Rapunzel nods and holds up her ring finger excitedly.

“Congrats, you two.” You smile then subconsciously tug at the corset.

Suddenly it loosened and you were able to breath normally. Though it was tossed to the side.

“I never understood those things.”

Your eyes widen at the slightly deep voice and turn to see Varian aaaand you had to look up at him.

Varian grins shyly and rubs the back of his head, “Hello, Milady.”

You blush more than usually, especially how mature Little Blue looked. The small goatee on his chin, his slightly more longer hair in ponytail, his height, everything. The cloak he wore and the clothes were ones of great importance for royalty.

“Hello, Little Blue..I-I mean you're not Little, but- Eheh...you know what I mean.” You laugh nervously and facepalm yourself. You were acting like an idiot.

Varian chuckles then suddenly a bouquet of Forget-Me-Nots appear in his hand. He bows, holding it out to you. “For you, Milady. A welcome back present.”

You blink in surprise and take it, “What-”

“A trick I learned. Sometimes I have a lot of time on my hands when I'm not being needed as the Royal Alchemist. If not, I help my dad with Old Corona Village.” Varian smiles proudly.

You smell the flowers and hum, “Wow. You really made something of yourself.”

“I did….thanks to you.”

You look at him and smile warmly.

The three smirk at you two and Rapunzel speaks up, “We're glad you're back, but unfortunately there are renovations going on for the guest rooms. Varian, will it be okay if (____) stays at your place?”

Varian coughs in his hands, blushing shyly, “Well if (____) would like to.”

“I don't mind.” The cold breeze blows and you sigh, holding back a shiver. You should've checked when the winters started here in Corona because this dress you had on wasn't made for cold weather. “So where's this home of yours?” You reach for your luggage, but Varian takes them.

“I've got it.”

You shrug and raise a brow at the trio. Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cass were quiet and just smiling at you and Varian. “What?”