The House Guests

There are few times when Dorian is really thankful for his long and lanky body but now is one of them. His body twists, and he puts all of his weight into it as he slams his elbow back into the man behind him. There is a growl of pain and the man's hand on his hair loosens.

The maned wolf takes the moment, whining as he rips his head forwards enough to get free from his assailant and running as fast as his lanky legs can take him. He doesn't go home or even think to head into the police department that he is less than a block from. Hell, he isn't even really sure where it is that he is going, but he finally skids to a stop at an all-night diner.

Dorian quickly scrambles inside, ducking himself down into one of the booths and digging out his phone. With trembling hands, he calls the first person that he can think of, pulling his tail around to clutch tightly as he waits for Cassidy to pick up.

Cassidy was starting to doze off in front of the TV when the sudden ring of his phone woke up back up him. He hadn't gotten a text back from the lanky coroner for some time now, but he assumed he just got busy at work. He knew how harsh those hours could be. However, something didn't feel right about a call with no warning. Cassidy clicked off the TV to answer his cell phone.

"Well hey you. Been a little while, everything ok?"

There wasn't an immediate answer from the other end of the phone.. Instead there was the sound of scared, panicked breathing and a quiet whimper that Cassidy was quickly coming to know could only come from one place.

Finally, Dorian found his voice and he asked in a small thread voice, "I... I'm sorry to bother you but c... can you come get me please?"

Cassidy immediately shot up off the couch as soon as he heard that panicked breathing, 'Oh dear god, what happened? Is he ok? Is he hurt? Where was he? Why is this happening?'were all thoughts racing through his head as he picked up his keys to the truck. Thank goodness Sierra was still at work. He felt a small shred of relief when Dorian finally replied, but that wasn't slowing him down. He wasn't letting anyone else get hurt. Not again.

"Dorian, where are you? I'll be there as soon as possible, you stay put and stay safe," he said as he started up the truck. God, if only he was still a cop. A siren would surely be helpful at this time.

Dorian stammered a little before wiping his face with his hand, holding his jaw before making himself speak again, "I... I'm at the twenty-four-hour diner near the precinct... Th-The one with the really good pie? I'm.. hiding in one of the booths."

God, he felt like a child doing this... He'd even tucked his knees up towards his chest for the added protection and security it afforded him.

"P... Please hurry, Cassidy... S-Someone was chasing me..."

Cassidy felt everything in him drop and twist and then boil. He let out a shaky breath of his own as he drove off as fast as he could, "I promise, I'll be there as soon as possible. Just.. Stay calm." He wasn't staying calm though. He felt a mix of panic and anger building in his gut as he sped down the streets towards the diner, "Are you hurt? Did you get a look at him?"

"I.. I don't know— I think that I'm still running on adrenaline.." Dorian mumbled as he shifted some, looking down at himself to see any signs of injury, "I elbowed him in the face and ran as fast as I could.. I think he poked me in the back with something but I can't tell.." And honestly, he was a little too scared to check.

Now that the adrenaline was starting to seep out though.. He realized something.. He hadn't thought of calling Cervis, despite having just been with him before.. It had been Cassidy. Cassidy was the safe one. Cassidy made him feel secure... He was momentarily glad he'd scrubbed up before this, though he was sure he still had the lingering smell of blood.. Maybe he always did... But it really made him start to think as he held the phone to his cheek still, pulling at some of the hairs in his tail.