Family Meeting

Things were getting better.

This was Cassidy's common thought for the past day or so. After the blowout between him and Dorian, things had surprisingly gotten better between the two instead of worse. Of course they had a long talk after all of it to sort everything out, but after Dorian had some decent rest and Cassidy had some time to think and relax himself, it had seemed they had gotten everything out of their system like they could breathe again.

Cassidy was in the truck on his way to Dorian's place again, groceries in the back filled with food to restock the cabinets of the kitchen that looked too bare for comfort. He had also gathered up his research on how to become someone's legal guardian for Dorian to read over as it seemed Joe's mother was accepting of the help. Everything felt like it was going back to normal.

However, as the truck pulled up to the Victorian home, he took note of the not-so-empty front yard which today housed a car that he knew didn't belong there.

He didn't like that. Seeing the vehicle sit there only caused Cassidy's anxieties to spike and he started to rush a little, knowing that Dorian was still in a fairly weak condition of body and mind at the moment. Was he probably freaking out over nothing? It was possible, but he still grabbed the gun from his glove compartment and stuck it in his waistband as he hopped out.

As Cassidy was getting to the door, there was already someone on the other side reaching for it. The man was tall and well proportioned, dressed smartly. He wasn't quite as tall as Cassidy or Dorian, but he cut an imposing figure all the same. The man appeared to be a red fox of some kind, though he was beginning to grey a little with age - even if he wore it well. His sharp eyes flashed behind their glasses and he paused, as if startled that anyone would see him here.

"Ah... Hello..?" He said slowly in a rich, deep voice, straightening his jacket slightly as he took a step back, "... Are you.. looking for Dorian? I'm afraid he's ill at the moment... I put him on bed rest, you'll have to let him rest if you intend to stay here.." He dusted himself off as he did so, scrunching his nose as he pushed his glasses back up his nose, "... Well? Don't just stand there letting all of the cold air in. Are you coming in or going out?"

Cassidy blinked at the sudden appearance of the fox, one hand frozen in place from where it was going to turn the knob. He wasn't anticipating someone to answer the door, and most certainly not this guy. Who was this guy? Did Dorian invite him here? The guy didn't look like a threat, but Cassidy certainly didn't like his tone..

Cassidy cleared his throat as he walked in past the man, keeping a look locked on him, "I know he's ill.. I've been taking care of him for the time being. Now if you don't mind me asking, who the fuck are you and what're you doing here?"

The fox narrowed his eyes as he stepped back again to put more space in between himself and Cassidy. A look of realization flickers over him and he sighs, taking off his glasses to clean them on a cloth from his pocket, "Ah.. You must be Cassidy then.. Dorian has spoken of you..." He didn't sound impressed as he checked the lenses and set them back onto his snout.

"I am Dr. Quentin Palchek. I have been Dorian's physician since the time he was teething... and you are.. the boyfriend. I believe that is what they call your situation nowadays, yes?..." He paused again, scrunching his nose slightly in thought, "... Forgive me if I seem discourteous, I was not expecting to come out today... Dorian developed a fever and called me rambling..."

Cassidy squinted his eyes at the way Dr. Plachek said "the boyfriend," and just like that, Cassidy came to one conclusion. He already disliked the guy. He was probably some doctor who gets paid a little too much and all of it went straight to his pride and ego.