Endeavour |12| (girlxgirl)

[ A/N: sorry for such a late update and for a short chapter, i've been gallavanting around america for the past month and still am for another month so updates will be slow. Enjoy :) ]

XII .

The sweet smell of spring grass surrounded me, while I lay motionless in the field with the sun bearing down above me. It's already been a week since I told Macie of everything that happened, a week since I was excluded from school. Today felt like a proven test of how humanity really could be towards two people, how you can go from being ignored to being the most talked about thing of the year. I let out a bored sigh, my hand running up and down Macie's back as she sat there talking to Janey about today's events. I turned my head to the right seeing Jason looking down at me, a small smile placed on his pale lips, one forming upon mine in response.

I sat up, holding my skirt close to my legs while I used Macie's school blouse to pull myself up. I felt her arm wrap around my waist as she held me slightly against her, my legs crossing at my ankles.

I looked towards Janey and Jason who were talking about me in hushed whispers, my head turning towards Macie for answers only to receive a shrug from her.

“Why are you two talking about me, when I'm sitting right here.” I interrupted, hearing a small chuckle escape Macie's lips.

“We are discussing something for your birthday.” She answered quickly looking at me before turning back to Jason, her new and current boyfriend after meeting up with him that day last week.

I rolled my eyes, getting sick of the fact that's all the small group every talked about was my birthday. It wasn't even for another few weeks, the only good thing about it though was that the weather starts to get warmer and pushes away the winters chill. I looked up towards the blue sky at a flock of birds flying ahead, presuming they are back for the summer making a small smile pull up on my face.

I felt Macie's lips press lightly against my cheek, pulling me back into reality, into the conversation going on between them. I just looked towards Janey waiting for her to repeat whatever she had to say.

“As I was saying, Jason's family owns a lake house. We are wondering if you'd like to go there for your birthday week, to get away from this crap hole of a town. It will be warm and there's a lake to swim in.” She smiled a toothy smile, receiving the same reaction from me before I spoke.

“I'd love to do that, but how would we get there?” I asked the most obvious question making Jason snort a slight laugh.

“I'm seventeen and can drive, my brother said I could take his car for the week.” He answered my question.

“How long have you been planning this?”

“For about a month now. You're seventeen and need a good week, I've already cleared it with Kal just so long as I keep you safe.” Macie stepped in to talk making me turn to look at her, I pressed my lips slightly under her chin making her smile.